What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    After almost 90 lbs I realized I could run my hand along my side and feel individual ribs.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Two weeks ago I bought new pants for work. Took them to a tailor today and they were loose. Oh yeah!
  • angier321
    angier321 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    These posts are all so inspiring...Thanks everyone for sharing! You all rock!!!
  • kungabungadin
    kungabungadin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The other day I was on my elliptical and thinking how at first it felt good that my family was telling me how proud they were of me and then I realised how good it felt that now I am so proud of myself. I hope that counts as an NSV because it's been a long time since I felt that way.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I went to see a friend I had not seen since October. She drove by me three times in the parking lot where we were meeting. She didn't recognize me because I've gotten "so skinny!" Even better, when she said that it was a compliment and not a judgment--yippee!
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I ran a "real" 5k (not just a local running store thing) on Saturday. As we were in the corrals waiting for the start, the announcer said, "Okay, athletes, we're almost ready". He called me an athlete. I'm an athlete :)
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Medium dress could be a small!
  • Kate5283kate
    Kate5283kate Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a pair of size 14 pants that haven't fit since before my pregnancy, three years ago. And they fit perfectly! Hooray!! (Especially since the scale has just bounced around the same number for the last 10 days, but all of a sudden these pants fit!)
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I did squats in the rack with plates on the bar for the first time. Failed on my fourth set but was determined to finish so did my set again, and I did it!
  • buzzardsrule
    buzzardsrule Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    We had a meeting with one of our suppliers and they told us about an event they've organised which is fully booked. My line manager asked if they could squeeze me on to the event as I "don't eat much".
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I did squats in the rack with plates on the bar for the first time. Failed on my fourth set but was determined to finish so did my set again, and I did it!

That's fantastic! I'm nervous about it every workout, but always seem to pull it off, too. Those few extra seconds of rest can make or break finishing a set strong, I've found.
    Great work!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    5 lbs away from leg pressing my current body weight. Headed to the gym after work for the third day in a row. Staying under my calorie goal for the third day in a row as well. All my pants are fitting better too!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I just realized I grabbed the wrong pair of jeans this morning. The last time I tried to wear these, I could barely zip them. Today they fit fine! I haven't lost any weight, but the pants don't lie!
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Smaller underwear.
  • anacd
    anacd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My pants are not tight anymore :smile:
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This isn't a weight related one because I just started...BUT...my mom (God love her) has always been borderline verbally abusive when it comes to my weight. So I told her my daughter was thinking of stopping dancing because she wanted to concentrate on singing, swimming, and other pursuits. To which my mother replied "Don't let her stop dancing or she's going to get fat, like you are. Remember how pretty you were?"...and off she went on her usual weight related rant.

Now in the past that would've sent me into tears and in search of the nearest bottle of alcohol or a big huge popcorn size bowl of ice cream.

Not today. Today I felt more in control. I rolled my eyes, changed the subject, and here I am.

For the first time in a long time I didn't reach for a bottle, didn't reach for comfort food. I felt like I'm taking steps to deal with the weight (as frustrating as they are from my other posts), but I'm doing something.

So yeah, not really a physical thing/weight thing...but the idea that I actually felt in control and not destroyed yet again by what she was saying...this was huge for me.

:smiley:
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Renegade rows with 20 pound dumbbells!
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My daughter is able to wrap her arms completely around my waist:) shes so happy for me and I am happy she can squeeze me that much tighter:)
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Placed 2nd overall female at a local XC 5K, with a time of 25:01 (probably 40 or so females, total)! I have always said "I just want to finish" races. I almost always would place in the bottom 50%. I now compete. Looking to best this time at next week's 5K by at least a minute. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!