I've eaten half my protein today...

Options
should I eat some at the last minute or would it not really make a difference if this was my rest day (I play a lil basketball and throwing a football around) but that's it. Whatcha guys think?

Replies

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    what is your protein goal? oops, I can see it for myself.

Personally I don't worry if I am under a bit here or there on a day to day basis. If I've had a *big* work out day I try to at least ensure I'm getting 100g of protein or more but my daily no-exercise deficit goal is less than that. Many here talk about protein protein protein but my 84g base + more for exercise days seems to work for me - I'm not losing muscle mass, quite the contrary.
  • chandelierbee
    chandelierbee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna make some quest bar cookies :)
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Sounds good.

I use Greek yogurt a lot to increase my protein intake. Some of the high protein versions range from 17 to 22g per 175g (3/4 cup approx) of protein. Regular yogurt is typically around 5 - 8g for the same amount.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    And the world didn't end, right? Try to do better tomorrow. And don't sweat it!

+1
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I try to get close, but I don't worry about it. I did make more than half yesterday and I will try to hit 100 today, but it may take a protein shake to do it. Lifting days, I always hit 100, Greek yogurt, protein bars and a shake after my workout are meal.plan musts when I know I am lifting.