Broccoli and mustard?

Options
Random thread. But does anyone like raw broccoli and cauliflower with mustard on it? It's super weird I think but I am a frequent snacker and I cannot stop eating crap like cereal out of the bag. Recently I started eating broccoli and mustard and it's so good and so filling.
Also, I'm assuming it's pretty low calories as mustard is zero and I figure broccoli takes almost as much to digest then it contains. What does everyone think?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yum! I like mustard with just about anything.

I think you've picked a healthy and nutritious snack :+1:

Broccoli however isn't free calories. You should still log it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good combo...

I'd be wary of too much raw broccoli and cauliflower though... May cause digestive issues!

Low calorie isn't necessarily a good thing - i wouldn't eat just that on its own. I'd add protein and fat to make it "last" longer...hb eggs, nuts, avo, nut butter or tahini mixed with the mustard etc...
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Just so you know, broccoli and cauliflower cause a lot of bloating! They're very nutrient dense, so deffs eat them, but just keep that in mind before eating loads of them before going to the beach or something!

Also, like the other comment said, you should still log the calories. They're low, but they also matter.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I do like mustard on raw broccoli, yes. It's also good on cucumbers and green beans, seriously. Even boiled eggs, now that's deviltry.
  • jogrega
    jogrega Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious ! Thanks for the idea
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    You can also bake the broccoli and cauliflower in the oven with some garlic and a sprinkling of olive oil . Bake until crunchy. So delicious and filling.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I do like mustard on raw broccoli, yes. It's also good on cucumbers and green beans, seriously. Even boiled eggs, now that's deviltry.

Gross. You can have mine. Glad you found such a low-cal and filling snack you like, though!
    Just so you know, broccoli and cauliflower cause a lot of bloating! They're very nutrient dense, so deffs eat them, but just keep that in mind before eating loads of them before going to the beach or something!

Also, like the other comment said, you should still log the calories. They're low, but they also matter.

I eat tons of raw broccoli every day...your body eventually adjusts to it and the bloating goes away if you eat it regularly (no pun intended!) Drinking a lot of water with it helps.
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I blend mayo and Dijon mustard together and dip steamed broccoli in it. Any mustard will do.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »

Gross. You can have mine. Glad you found such a low-cal and filling snack you like, though!

I eat tons of raw broccoli every day...your body eventually adjusts to it and the bloating goes away if you eat it regularly (no pun intended!) Drinking a lot of water with it helps.

My bloating actually got worse....
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I prefer my veggies with hummus!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I also like this combo.