The turtle has crossed the finish line!!

Options

Replies

• abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Love this! Congratulations! What a wonderful way to be inspired by your unfortunate coworker. Here´s to health, happines and long life! Chears. :)
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You look great, congratulations!!
  • lemonaid7
    lemonaid7 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Congrats!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look wonderful. :smiley:
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Look at you!
    Congrats!
    It sounds like you really managed a true lifestyle change. Great job :)
  • judeoconnor66
    judeoconnor66 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've thoroughly enjoyed the journey. I like that. You look fab.
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you and your husband have a great relationship. It was nice to hear how he supported you during your transformation. Congratulations.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    2ledbetter wrote: »
    Sounds like you and your husband have a great relationship. It was nice to hear how he supported you during your transformation. Congratulations.
    I second this. Did he lose weight during this? If it was in the OP i seem to have missed it.
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    RE My husband of 21 years: Yes, he is a sweetie - 12 years younger than me - but more mature! We're both self-employed, in different fields, and we spend a lot of time together. He started tracking in MFP about 6 months after I started. He has lost about 20 lbs. so far.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • MapDancer
    Options
    another P.S. We got my sister to watch Korean dramas while on the treadmill and she has lost 40+lbs. She doesn't track on MFP but has tightened up her diet a bit.
  • shifty0524
    shifty0524 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on meeting your goal. You look great!!
  • amy102875
    amy102875 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thank you for sharing. I am also 5'2" and working on getting to that 136 healthy bmi goal. 14 more pounds to go.
  • hollen_carol
    hollen_carol Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Love your story so very much! Thanks for sharing :) I am a bit of a turtle too and things have sloooowwwwwed considerably for me but at this point I'm ok with that. The thing I like best about you and I are that we learned to eat the proper way, same foods as always just a proper portion of them and just probably less processed foods. Congrats to you. You look super awesome!
  • inspirezme
    inspirezme Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    MapDancer wrote: »
    • Embrace housework! It is a productive distraction.

Great advice! Seems so simple, but I know it will be impactful because I won't be eating and my house will be cleaner! Win-Win!
  • notfbam
    notfbam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Map Dancer---love your 'name'! Congratulations, and thank you for sharing the great story of your success. It is great to hear the details of achieving those positive accomplishments. ( just have a little problem with the 'embracing housework' part---LOL)
  • MapDancer
    Options
    Thanks to all of you - and this site, that provided a framework and encouragement to get it done!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You did great. Love the leggings in your after photo!
  • PurpleJadeKS
    PurpleJadeKS Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just loved reading your post. Thank you so much for sharing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!