fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Not this again...
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Mizz_Mo wrote: »
    kami3006 wrote: »

As an interesting counter to the fed up movie, search for fed up fact check and see what you think.

I'm not arguing anything about the movie itself as I inherently distrust documentaries in general and stopped with tv and movies years ago. But, since you're interested in the topic, I thought you would find this interesting.

Thank you - this is some of what I was looking for! As I stated, after watching it - I lowered my sugar goal - which will force me to limit my intake from more fruits/veggies/dairy. Not as much room for the processed sugars.

I don't agree with everything from the movie - but there is quite a bit that is true. For example - our son was the ONLY kid in his Pre-K class that did not recognize the McDonald's symbol. His teacher (she has only been teaching for 3 years) said he was the first student she has had that didn't know it. He's never been there (he's 5 YO). We don't have cable - so he isn't exposed to commercials like other kids (and adults) are. This was one of the points of the movie was trying to get across as well.

You mention distrusting documentaries - however, did you watch it?

My 2-y-o knows the McD's symbol. He's probably been there twice in the past year (because it has an indoor playground--perfect for rainy days!). We also don't have cable. But we drive past it. He knows the names of most of the places we drive past.

He can also read the word "pizza" at pizza places we've never been to (like, he hasn't been to the chain in his entire life or even seen a box from that chain). We have pizza in a box or an upscale restaurant where he sees the word less than once a month. But he just LOVES pizza, and the neighbors have pizza in boxes weekly, so that was the very first word he learned to recognize.

You shouldn't make assumptions about other people's children.

The documentary is the worst sort of nonsense. It's as bad as Supersize Me.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    It's not on Canadian Netflix. Should I be thankful?