Any ideas for low-calorie sweet snacks?

Options
I thought I had some cool ideas for low-cal sweet snacks but they are either none too appetizing or higher cal than I thought. I've tried yogurt, applesauce, SF pudding and grapes. Any other suggestions?

Replies

• kayrevan
    kayrevan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When I am having a sweet attack, I eat a 90 calorie fiber one peanut butter and chocloate bar. It is as good as eating a candy bar for me!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello only 10 calories
  • raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Today I made:

strawberries (like 30 cals) - covered in a fat free mango yoghurt (72 cals), topped with a crushed low fat weight watchers biscuit (44 cals)

Its like a sort of cheesecake! You could even have fat free greek/natural yoghurt for less calories.
  • Tvstarbabe
    Tvstarbabe Posts: 101
    Options
    I take a graham cracker sheet and cover it in a little bit of peanut butter and nutella. It is a little fatty, but its sweet and delicious!
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    SKINNY COW!!!!! They have candy and ice cream and they are wonderful...totally feels like cheating!!!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, strawberries, coconut oil mixed with cocoa powder,
  • Princesspants78
    Options
    twizzlers!
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    When I am having a sweet attack, I eat a 90 calorie fiber one peanut butter and chocloate bar. It is as good as eating a candy bar for me!

These are great!! and great for you!!! I also heard that Skinny Cow has new candy out? Maybe you could try that? Or the Skinny Cow ice cream...the ice cream tastes really good!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Fruit is always an easy go to in my home. I'm a huge fan of Greek yogurt, drizzled with a little agave syrup. What about caramel rice cakes or plain ones with a smear of peanut butter and a few thin slices of banana. I know it gets a little frustrating sometimes but you can find something I'm sure :) Good luck!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    PB2 (plain or Chocolate!)
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have a piece of fruit dipped in either cottage cheese or greek yogurt with most of my lunches and that really curbs my sweet cravings. I do keep some quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa) on hand to indulge in a couple times a week (just a square or so). Although last night, we (the family) had smores for dessert and I had one...worked it into my calorie count and was totally find with that. 1 graham crax, 1 marshmallow, 1/4 chocolate bar---yummy!

Dried fruit is sweet
    Granola is sweet (quaker oats & honey is my fav right now)
    I have some recipes for diabetic chocolate chip/raisin cookies that are yummy and lo-cal. (I do make them small)
    PUmpkin muffins are sweet

It takes some planning because I can't just dip into the bag of mnm's anymore, but I find ways to take care of the sweet-tooth!
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Vitamuffin Vitatop are so extremely good! They are like brownies or cakes and only 100 Calories packed with vitamins!
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm loving the summer fruits, berries of every kind and watermelon like there is no tomorrow! Bonus is they are fairly low in sugar.
  • rosemadderv
    rosemadderv Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm grabbing chocolate pudding cups- 80cal for one that I found (fat free, I think no sugar added?) works pretty well, and you can microwave it depending on if you are craving something hot or cold~
  • CallmeKellie
    Options
    Jello Temptations!!!! They r excellent and only like 120-140 cals! They have strawberry cheesecake, lemon meringue pie, etc! I LOVE them!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My 'go to' right now for my sweet tooth now is Activia's Blueberry Cheesecake flavored yogurt (150 cal.) I don't normally like 'dessert' flavored yogurt. This is the only one I have ever had that tastes more to me like blueberry cheesecake and not like yogurt. Really yummy and not too hard on the wallet either :)
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Jello Temptations!!!! They r excellent and only like 120-140 cals! They have strawberry cheesecake, lemon meringue pie, etc! I LOVE them!

OOoooh the lemon meringue pie is EXCELLENT.
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    i love the special k bars - 90 cals...Dole real fruit bites-80 cals...Dannon Light and Fit yogurt - 80 cals...fruit is always good - and carrots too! They are sweet and crunchy!! Sometimes I even just chew a stick of gum which can have anywhere between 5 and 30 cals (the ones I chew anyway). Good luck finding something that helps you out! :flowerforyou:
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a tablespoon of nutella, it's about 100 calories but it fixes the chocolate craving without going mad. Sugar free Jelly is good, Muller Light yoghurt.
  • MindiKat
    MindiKat Posts: 49
    Options
    Such great ideas. Thanks everyone! I just LOVE MFP so much.