Options
jasminerz2015
jasminerz2015 Posts: 68 Member
Comment please :)

Replies

• conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    my favorite. oatmeal and water follow package directions.add 1 serving of Fat Free coffee creamer like French vanilla. Add ! or 2 tbs of ground or smashed walnuts. Beyond good.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    my fav that i never get tired of making regularly, is the peanut butter banana oatmeal.. for me, its the perfect breakfast! the oatmeal got the sweetness from the banana, so its very important that u follow the step by step as directed on the blog..

u can find the recipe here: http://ohsheglows.com/2012/09/06/early-morning-peanut-butter-banana-oatmeal/
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    oh.. and u can check out Joanna soh's 4 high fibre oatmeal recipe, that have all become my favs too!! especially that peanut butter chocolate oatmeal bar.. i made that every week and its the perfect snack for a sweet tooth like mine.. its the perfect breakfast on the go too.. its healthy and yet soo delicious!
    find the vid with step by step tutorial here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qByjiXsxrmc
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    protein powder and peanut butter,
  • jasminerz2015
    Options
    zira91 wrote: »
    oh.. and u can check out Joanna soh's 4 high fibre oatmeal recipe, that have all become my favs too!! especially that peanut butter chocolate oatmeal bar.. i made that every week and its the perfect snack for a sweet tooth like mine.. its the perfect breakfast on the go too.. its healthy and yet soo delicious!
    find the vid with step by step tutorial here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qByjiXsxrmc

Thanx for sharing .. it looks lovely .. definetly worth try :)
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    2 diced apples. 3 cups oats. 100 g raisins. Lots of cinnamon. Throw it in a crock pot with 6 cups liquid of your choice. Breakfast for a week.
  • FreshStartForMyself
    FreshStartForMyself Posts: 196 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi :) I don't know what your dietary preferences are but recently I've been using a recipe I came up with, mixing oats, powdered milk and whatever flavouring you choose. I really like it!

Ingredients:
    • 40 grams / ½ cup of oats (I use quick oats because they cook faster).
    • 20 grams / 2.5 tbsp of powdered non-fat milk.
    • Sweetener of choice, to taste. I recommend Stevia or Splenda for no added calories.
    • Vanilla extract.
    • Pinch of salt.
    • Toppings / mix-in’s **
    Procedure:
    1. Mix in a small bowl the powdered non-fat milk, the sweetener, a few drops of vanilla, and mix-in’s if you want.
    2. In a pot mix the quick oats, a little water (just enough to cover the oats), a pinch of salt and a tsp of vanilla extract. Cook it on the stove on low heat and stirr until reaching desired consistency.
    3. Pour the oats on the bowl with the milk and sweetener mix and swirl to integrate everything.

** Mix-in's: Some flavouring ideas are: ground chocolate, chocolate chips, cinnamon, instant coffee, crushed breakfast cereal or meringues, honey, etc. Toppings can be anything you like - get creative!

If you're not lactose intolerant or vegan give this a try. Maybe the recipe sounds weird but I really like it! The powdered milk makes it really creamy and thick and rich in texture.
  • berndanddana
    berndanddana Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I found oatmeal that I like completely by chance. My daughter hates milk but she will drink the vanilla almond milk. So one morning, I am out of regular milk so I try her vanilla almond milk. It was the perfect consistency for me and a little sweet. I chopped up strawberries and found it the most tolerable oatmeal I've ever had.
  • Elcee79
    Elcee79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A very quick & yummy breakfast.. 3/4 cup water and 1/2 cup quick oats, microwave for 2 minutes. Add 1tsp brown sugar and I alternate toppings. One suggestion is 1/2 a banana and 2tsp crushed walnuts and 1tsp flaked almonds, the other is ~60gm tinned pears and 2tsp pepitas.
  • jasminerz2015
    Options
    Hi :) I don't know what your dietary preferences are but recently I've been using a recipe I came up with, mixing oats, powdered milk and whatever flavouring you choose. I really like it!

Ingredients:
    • 40 grams / ½ cup of oats (I use quick oats because they cook faster).
    • 20 grams / 2.5 tbsp of powdered non-fat milk.
    • Sweetener of choice, to taste. I recommend Stevia or Splenda for no added calories.
    • Vanilla extract.
    • Pinch of salt.
    • Toppings / mix-in’s **
    Procedure:
    1. Mix in a small bowl the powdered non-fat milk, the sweetener, a few drops of vanilla, and mix-in’s if you want.
    2. In a pot mix the quick oats, a little water (just enough to cover the oats), a pinch of salt and a tsp of vanilla extract. Cook it on the stove on low heat and stirr until reaching desired consistency.
    3. Pour the oats on the bowl with the milk and sweetener mix and swirl to integrate everything.

** Mix-in's: Some flavouring ideas are: ground chocolate, chocolate chips, cinnamon, instant coffee, crushed breakfast cereal or meringues, honey, etc. Toppings can be anything you like - get creative!

If you're not lactose intolerant or vegan give this a try. Maybe the recipe sounds weird but I really like it! The powdered milk makes it really creamy and thick and rich in texture.

Great recepie... I think it might taste like vanilla pudding :)
  • jasminerz2015
    Options
    Elcee79 wrote: »
    A very quick & yummy breakfast.. 3/4 cup water and 1/2 cup quick oats, microwave for 2 minutes. Add 1tsp brown sugar and I alternate toppings. One suggestion is 1/2 a banana and 2tsp crushed walnuts and 1tsp flaked almonds, the other is ~60gm tinned pears and 2tsp pepitas.

How much calories it makes?? Any ideas
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I found oatmeal that I like completely by chance. My daughter hates milk but she will drink the vanilla almond milk. So one morning, I am out of regular milk so I try her vanilla almond milk. It was the perfect consistency for me and a little sweet. I chopped up strawberries and found it the most tolerable oatmeal I've ever had.

Haha yeah, definitely like oatmeal more when it's made with almond milk.
  • hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Steel cut or old-fashioned oats. After cooking, stir in oat bran, ground chia and frozen blueberries. (The hot oats melt the blueberries and sweetens it) Top with milk of your choice and walnuts or pecans. Super healthy and holds you for hours!
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I cook 1 cup (175g) dry steel cut oats in water with a bit of salt, and store it in my fridge and add toppings when I reheat it.

One I did recently that I really liked:
    180g cooked steel cut oats
    50g 2% plain greek yogurt (makes it creamy)
    8g, about 1/3 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Muscletech iso-zero - this is my vanilla and sweetener)
    20-30g frozen raspberries
    1/2 tbsp (7g) mini chocolate chips

I'm careful about the order I add them too - reheat the oatmeal a bit, then stir in the yogurt and protein powder. Either defrost the raspberries first, or add them now. Microwave some more until it's hot. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on the top and fold a bit, so that they melt a bit but are not stirred in entirely. So good!

Came to 220 cal with 18g protein, but of course you can tweak the serving size and proportions.
  • mrssabre113
    mrssabre113 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats!
    The base:
    1/3cup rolled oats
    1/3cup alomd milk or milk of your choice
    1/4cup greek yogurt
    1Tsp chia seeds
    The add-ins (pretty much anything your heart desires):
    My favorite is peach cobbler
    1 ripe peach
    1Tsp mapple syrup
    1/2tsp cinnamon

http://thedomesticgeek.com/archives/441
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I really don't like overnight oats... except without yogurt. The yogurt makes it too weird, IMO.

A few recipes I like (I make it with unsweetened regular almond milk. Tastes so much better that way).

- oats, PB2, stevia
    - oats, vanilla extract, stevia, frozen berries
    - oats, almond butter, jelly
    - oats, apple chunks, cinnamon, stevia (sometimes with almond butter or caramel)
    - oats, pumpkin, vanilla extract, pumpkin spice, stevia

I'm not overly fond of protein powder in my oats so far, but I'll try Quest salted caramel soon.
  • allibarry
    allibarry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Flax oatmeal, microwave for about 40 seconds with milk ( I use 2% personally). Then add 2 tsp of Jif Natural crunchy PB. Heat for additional 35 seconds. Add a squirt of light syrup and it's so delicious and fairly filling
  • Pureheart30
    Pureheart30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Comment please :)

Use a banana instead of sugar in your oatmeal and a spoon of peanut butter.....it's sooooooo yummy!
  • madeleadele
    madeleadele Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I usually make oats in my fridge but the concept is really similar.

My basic recipe:
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup almond milk

I sweeten it using 2/3 of a mashed banana, and then I add blueberries, cinnamon, almonds, sometimes coconut shards for texture. It's also really delicious with a spoonful of peanut butter mixed in, or a tablespoon of semi sweet or dark chocolate (melted)!