Water retention

Options
Just want to know how much water you ladies retain "that time of the month". It's so frustrating to be doing every right-diet, excercise and staying hydrated to not see results on the scale.

Replies

• rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    There can be an easy 5lb swing for many women.

Don't get discouraged. Just keep doing what was working before, and in a week you'll be golden :)
  • Amber_hanson27
    Amber_hanson27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ok there is some good news that can come with that horrible time!! If you stay on point with your diet and exercise through the pain you can really take advantage of the few extra calories you are already burning. My weight loss has slowed but it is at this time of the month the scale moves for me. Resist the urge to lay around and snack it is worth it. You soon won't care about the small amount of water you hold:)
  • Renebry
    Renebry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's about an extra 4 lbs for me. It's so frustrating!
  • blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Same 3-5 lbs my weight chart looks like a mountain range lol but now i know when i see the spike it will drop back sometimes more after its over.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    2 fl oz.
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Ok there is some good news that can come with that horrible time!! If you stay on point with your diet and exercise through the pain you can really take advantage of the few extra calories you are already burning. My weight loss has slowed but it is at this time of the month the scale moves for me. Resist the urge to lay around and snack it is worth it. You soon won't care about the small amount of water you hold:)

Agreed. It shouldn't be used as an excuse time and can still be a week where progress is made. Just drink a lot of water, forget about the scale because it can be discouraging, and keep your focus on the bigger picture.