Coffee

Options
My husband just recently bought me a keurig coffee maker. I would like to know if drinking coffee like 3 days out of the week is okay?

Replies

• Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Drinking coffee every day of the week is okay. I'm on a 3/day routine.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I drink several cups of coffee daily. I do not add high calorie "creamers" & use stevia instead of sugar most of the time. If it doesn't make you jittery & isn't a Starbucks "coffee dessert," you should be fine. If you have health issues, ask your doctor.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    i drink lots and lots of black coffee....every day!
    And lost almost 100 pounds.

Black coffee 2 calories a cup
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I have at least one cup of coffee daily. Just be mindful of how much creamer/ sugar you put in your coffee. Those calories can add up quickly.
  • MsJoisey
    MsJoisey Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee everyday with half and half.. Cut back a little because of the cream, but that is how I enjoy it and I log it all.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee everyday. I enjoy mine black. It has not had any impact on my weight.

Congrats on your Keurig - it's a great coffee maker. Just a tip - make sure to clean it frequently (ie at least once a month), and run vinegar through the reservoir frequently. Enjoy :)
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Coffee=nectar of the gods. Can't live without 2 cups every morning. With nonfat milk, which I log.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee like 4times per day !! I love it !!
    Eat or drink whatever you like as long as it fits in your calorie goals ( for example, if your adding cream and sugar in the coffees,.make sure you log that stuff too because the calories will add up )
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    tipc85 wrote: »
    My husband just recently bought me a keurig coffee maker. I would like to know if drinking coffee like 3 days out of the week is okay?

God I hope so. Mainly since I drink several cups of coffee every day.

• grza36
    grza36 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I drink black coffee super often, negligible calories and I find if I'm planning on consuming a large meal later in the day or drinking a bunch of calories on a night out the mild appetite suppressant aspect of caffeine can help keep me on track.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    If coffee ever becomes not okay to have on a daily basis, I will officially give up.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    coffee doesnt have many calories. like 2. LOL its the creamer and crap that does. that said, i drink my coffee the way i like it cause it keeps the people around me safe.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I drink several coffees a day. I add a bit of milk, so a cup of coffee for me is about 35 calories. I have 3 young kids, and I'm a teacher....I wouldn't survive the day without coffee :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Curious, why would drinking coffee NOT be okay?
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Here's an odd question: I've heard conflicting opinions as to whether coffee (or tea) counts as one of the daily hydrating water servings - the anti-opinion states that coffee is actually dehydrating and that for every cup of coffee, you should drink an extra cup of water. True?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    ejbronte wrote: »
    Here's an odd question: I've heard conflicting opinions as to whether coffee (or tea) counts as one of the daily hydrating water servings - the anti-opinion states that coffee is actually dehydrating and that for every cup of coffee, you should drink an extra cup of water. True?

Eh, I don't really track my water because I'm a water guzzling fool but if I did, I wouldn't pay attention to that idea.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    ejbronte wrote: »

I have wondered this too. I notice mild diuretic effects from coffee, but I think it because I drink anywhere from 24 - 48 ounces first thing in the morning. I do switch matcha tea after (8 ounces), and then water for the rest of the day. On the weekends I drink coffee throughout the day and find that I am a little dehydrated by the end of the day, but I don't know if it's because I am replacing some of my water drinking with coffee or if it's the coffee itself. I personally don't count coffee in my water log because I just don't know how hydrating it is. I would be interested to hear other's opinion on counting coffee as a serving of water.
  • tipc85
    tipc85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's what I'm asking or what I meant to ask. I use creamer and sugar
  • tipc85
    tipc85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I drink several coffees a day. I add a bit of milk, so a cup of coffee for me is about 35 calories. I have 3 young kids, and I'm a teacher....I wouldn't survive the day without coffee :)

So you don't put sugar in your coffee?