did mfp change?

Options
Just got back on mfp after about 6 months...logged my food /exercise for the day and after exercise my cal intake was lower than 1000 so it said it would not post it or anything? This must be something relatively new?

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Under a 1000 it won't give you a 5 week weight prediction. But, it still records all the data. There isn't any need to hit complete.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    The only thing the "complete your day" button does is show the "If every day were like today..." screen and put an entry in your "wall".
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
  • mhollencamp102012
    mhollencamp102012 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    oh i agree it's not healthy, and normally i am right at about 1000 or 1100 but i am not perfect, i do have days that are under 1000. I was just confused at first when it wouldn't post it....trust me i have no intention of making a habit of being under 1000 calories, just had an off day is all :)
    kami3006 wrote: »
    Under a 1000 it won't give you a 5 week weight prediction. But, it still records all the data. There isn't any need to hit complete.

I didn't realize until I went back in this am that it saved my info in my diary...I thought it wouldn't save it. but as long as it's still there the next day I am good !
  • ldalvarado
    ldalvarado Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't know your gender, age, height or weight, but I would not recommend eating only 1000 or 1100 calories a day.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    ldalvarado wrote: »
    I don't know your gender, age, height or weight, but I would not recommend eating only 1000 or 1100 calories a day.

+1

+1
  • mhollencamp102012
    Options
    1000 calories a day is what I am on per my Dr. For now anyway...she will re adjust when I go back in 5 weeks.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    oh i agree it's not healthy, and normally i am right at about 1000 or 1100 but i am not perfect, i do have days that are under 1000. I was just confused at first when it wouldn't post it....trust me i have no intention of making a habit of being under 1000 calories, just had an off day is all :)

I didn't realize until I went back in this am that it saved my info in my diary...I thought it wouldn't save it. but as long as it's still there the next day I am good !
    I hear exactly what you are saying! I am like you. Some days it may only be 1000 of my 1200 goal, but others are 1400-1500 , which is over my goal. Funny, everybody tells me, 'oh that's ok..when I am over'..but criticizes when I am under once in a blue moon. That is why I keep my diary closed. It's the whole picture that counts, I think. :)

• Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Rarely...is mine 'under' haha.. Been awhile!
  • mhollencamp102012
    Options
    Exactly carol....some days I have a hard time hitting my goal...and I am not going to force myself to eat if I am not hungry..kind of how I got where I am today lol....ppl are going to be critical no matter what we do....:)
    Thanks for understanding what I was saying
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    1000 calories a day is what I am on per my Dr. For now anyway...she will re adjust when I go back in 5 weeks.

Unless you are under 5 feet tall, I can't see a Medical Doctor recommending anything less than 1200 calories a day for weight loss.
  • mhollencamp102012
    Options
    Well she did. I am under advisement of both my doctor and a nutritionist... And actually 1000 calories isn't that uncommon to be recommended in the beginning ..and its not an hcg diet or anything like that
  • fireflycities
    fireflycities Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm not a doctor, and neither is anyone else in this thread--if you've got a GP and nutritionist keeping an eye on your health, no need to listen to unsolicited advice :)
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I am also set at 1200 & tend to stay closer to 1000-1100 due to doctor advice and medications resulting from a complete hysterectomy in my 20s. I do have frequent visits & lab work, so I know that my nutritional needs are being met. I go back in August & doc predicts an increase in calorie intake since I made weight loss goal.
    I definitely feel that, unless there are underlying health conditions and one is under direct doc supervision, it is not advisable or healthy to go that low on any regular basis. (Not directed at OP, just in general).
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Carol_ wrote: »

I hear exactly what you are saying! I am like you. Some days it may only be 1000 of my 1200 goal, but others are 1400-1500 , which is over my goal. Funny, everybody tells me, 'oh that's ok..when I am over'..but criticizes when I am under once in a blue moon. That is why I keep my diary closed. It's the whole picture that counts, I think. :)

Bingo. Daily counts are largely irrelevant. It's the overall energy and nutrient balance that matters. I only use the weekly reports for that reason.
  • mhollencamp102012
    Options
    it's really not that drastic...you can get all your nutrition met on 1000 calories a day, if you do it right and eat the right foods....yes, if your eating 1000 calories a day and that consists of a snickers bar, 2 20oz cokes and a cheeseburger its completely unhealthy. But if you are eating good meat, a lot of vegies and healthy food it can be done. But as you stated, its my health, and my blood work every 5 weeks proves to be great and healthy so I will follow the dr's orders for now. When and IF i feel like it's no good for me, i will stop. And as I said its not a "diet" no pills, no shots, no crazy wraps or procedures, just a drastic change in eating habits that are healthy...