I want to be the before picture

Options
shallo
shallo Posts: 353 Member
okay, maybe not everyone's before picture, and certainly not mine. However I will see people post their stories and when I look at the pictures I will say to myself "that's what I want to look like" only to realize that it is the person's before picture. Maybe I just haven't set my goals high enough, but I don't want to be thin. I don't know why, maybe it is because I think I can't get there. I'm 5'2" and my goal weight is 160. Now that might go down a little but I have no desire to be 120 pounds.
Is anyone else like this or am I the only one?

Replies

• craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and currently weigh 158 and people tell me I have a great figure and shape. According to most BMI calculators, I am on the very high end of "overweight". I do like the way I look and don't think I am obese. I am curvy and propotioned but would like to be leaner (without losing my curves, like Kim Kardashian). A weight of 160 in my book is O.K. especailly if you are healthy and work out.
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2" and my goal is 150 (for now) - that is the weight I worked hard to get to before I got pregnant and looking back at pictures from then I looked damn good - even thought, at the time I wanted more! Never happy where you are I guess :) I'm working hard on changing that - I'm learning to be happy where I am, every step of this journey!! I basically ignore the BMI charts b/c they are BS - even my nutrionist agrees!! I wish that the world would stop using that chart as a guideline - it's frustrating!!

I think your goal should be what you want it to be and what your comfortable with and know that you can maintain - not what the world tells you it should be!!!!
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I think it depends a lot on frame size and body type, muscle vs body fat etc....I am very apple-shaped and small-framed, and also 5'2-5'3, but at 160 I would be too heavy, while for other people, its the perfect weight for them!
  • wendytungate
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and have lost 44lbs. People have started saying things like "Oooo be careful you don't want to lose much more!" I am currently at 150lbs. Yes I was overweight and felt unhealthy and feel so much better now, but like you I am still at the top of of overweight according to BMI. I have decided I will stop when I feel right... another 10lbs maybe, but everyone is different and it has to be right for you. It is better to be a little heavier but maintain that that it is to constantly yo-yo. That's what I think anyway.
  • mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i think the most important thing is that you feel good with how you look. and of course it does depend on body shape..i weigh 165 but have been told i look like i weigh about 140 -145.
  • hedleyrocks247
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and have lost 44lbs. People have started saying things like "Oooo be careful you don't want to lose much more!" I am currently at 150lbs. Yes I was overweight and felt unhealthy and feel so much better now, but like you I am still at the top of of overweight according to BMI. I have decided I will stop when I feel right... another 10lbs maybe, but everyone is different and it has to be right for you. It is better to be a little heavier but maintain that that it is to constantly yo-yo. That's what I think anyway.

People said the exact same to me when I was at 150 - like I was wasting away or something LOL!!
  • hedleyrocks247
    Options
    i think the most important thing is that you feel good with how you look. and of course it does depend on body shape..i weigh 165 but have been told i look like i weigh about 140 -145.

I don't think our boobs should count in our weight total!! If that were the case I'd be at least 15 pounds lighter than I am right now LOL!!!!!
  • kmalex
    kmalex Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I often have this happen. I am 5'1" and my goal weight is 135 with a maintenance weight of 140-145. But I often see before pics where people are that weight and want to lose 15-25 lbs. Not me. I like my curves.
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3" and at 146 (roughly) right now. my goal is 135 by the scale, but mostly i'd like to get rid of my pot belly and giant thighs that rub when i walk. I want to be fit...so if i can get there and still be 145, that's fine. but i don't think that's gonna happen! when i was at 180, 160, 150...i just felt heavy. you gotta go to the point where you're happy and healthy...that number is different for everyone.
    good luck!
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I agree with you as well. My "normal" weight used to be about 150-155lbs. Somehow, I recently ballooned up to 189. Before I got into the 190s, leading to the 200s, I started to change. I do know that I am not fat, but this extra weight I am carrying is hot and heavy and uncomfortable. Some people are here just to be healthy and get fit, not necessarily to lose weight. I need to lose about 20-25 lbs more than I have already lost but my point is, we are all here for different reasons, there are people on the site starting at 400lbs and higher, and people starting at 130 and lower. Everyone is different and everyone has different goals! Don't let anyone else make you feel bad about yourself, you have goals and you will reach them!! It doesn't matter what anyone else is doing, just focus on yourself first!