20 pounds Lost w/ Vision Board

Replies

• VisionBoardCoach
    VisionBoardCoach Posts: 43 Member
    dakotababy wrote: »
    lol wow. A vision board is basically like "fitspo on a wall". You create your own collage full of pictures or quotes that you find inspiring. Basically, the theory is if you can envision yourself accomplishing those goals - you will.

You got it! A fitsporation to follow for success! The mind can do amazing things! If you can believe it you can achieve it! It works! :-) and yep, a Collage is one type of board that can be created!
  • waituntil
    waituntil Posts: 42 Member
    edited July 2015
    @VisionBoardCoach , sorry you are getting some negative comments. I think whatever you did to lose weight, it worked... so that is a positive. No reason for these negative replies!
    Good for you for keeping your goal in mind and succeeding. Often times, successful people find writing a goal down on paper has helped them get to their goal. When you can see your goal in writing in front of you, it helps keep you from ignoring it and slacking off! May not work for everyone, but it works for some.
    Congrats on losing 20 pounds. That's lot!
  • VisionBoardCoach
    waituntil wrote: »
    @VisionBoardCoach , sorry you are getting some negative comments. I think whatever you did to lose weight, it worked... so that is a positive. No reason for these negative replies!
    Good for you for keeping your goal in mind and succeeding. Often times, successful people find writing a goal down on paper has helped them get to their goal. When you can see your goal in writing in front of you, it helps keep you from ignoring it and slacking off! May not work for everyone, but it works for some.
    Congrats on losing 20 pounds. That's lot!

Thank you..very nice of you to comment. There will always be negative people... I wish them luck too. Again, thank you.
  • fluffy2beastmode
    fluffy2beastmode Posts: 11 Member
    Love this idea, going to make myself one!
  • VisionBoardCoach
    Love this idea, going to make myself one!
    How exciting! Check out Vision Boards for Weight Loss group for more detailed instructions...and don't forget to let us know how it turns out! :-)
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    seriously only in 3 months! I have lost 21 pounds in a month! I seriously don't like the whole aspect of my fitness pal and there things that they say! You can't lose weight if you eat junk food! That isn't right at all! Seriously I have cut back candy, eating poorly and lost 9 pounds in 7 days! Can you do that?

Why not everyone stop eating junk and see how you feel!

If you're fatter, you can lose more. I cannot possibly lose 21lbs in a month and not end up hospitalized.
  • KristenMarie1181
    KristenMarie1181 Posts: 216 Member
    edited July 2015
    I will just use this site to track what i eat no more forums!
  • KristenMarie1181
    edited July 2015
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited July 2015
    seriously only in 3 months! I have lost 21 pounds in a month! I seriously don't like the whole aspect of my fitness pal and there things that they say! You can't lose weight if you eat junk food! That isn't right at all! Seriously I have cut back candy, eating poorly and lost 9 pounds in 7 days! Can you do that?

Why not everyone stop eating junk and see how you feel!

But seriously you can. Ask me how I know. Ask lots of people on here how they know.

you are wrong you can not! I am proven fact!
    I eat "junk food" and I'm losing weight just fine.

You have to find what works for you. It sounds like what you are doing is working. That's great! I, also, needed to find what works for me and that's eating what I ate before but in smaller amounts.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Op ~ congratulations on finding what works for you ! A vision board is a great idea. I apologize if you where taken back by people thinking you where selling things, I'll explain why it happened. Here on mfp, many coaches and mlm scam people prey on newcomers to try to sell them weight loss fads and gimmicks. Your post did sound a little like a marketing pitch so thats why people got upset. I read on and realized it wasnt a marketing pitch after you explained. But i do definitely understand why people get so bothered about the sales stuff, i get angry too when people prey on the nieve. So dont take that personal, we're just protecting newcomers from scams. Obviously your idea of creating a board is not a marketing pitch and sounds like it could really help people stay on track.

And to the poster who is trying to derail this thread by speaking about " people cant lose weight while eating junk food " ~ that is so untrue. Your new to this so dont know any better. But yes you can lose weight while enjoying the foods you love. I lost all my weight while having ice cream and cake in moderation. Calories in ~calories out. Ive already explained this to you several times but you have chosen not to listen . You have chosen to take nutritional advice from your trainer instead and thats fine , but stop spreading bad information on here. There's tons of people on here who have lost weight using portion control and moderation. Calories in ~calories out.
  • KristenMarie1181
    edited July 2015
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Op ~ congratulations on finding what works for you ! A vision board is a great idea. I apologize if you where taken back by people thinking you where selling things, I'll explain why it happened. Here on mfp, many coaches and mlm scam people prey on newcomers to try to sell them weight loss fads and gimmicks. Your post did sound a little like a marketing pitch so thats why people got upset. I read on and realized it wasnt a marketing pitch after you explained. But i do definitely understand why people get so bothered about the sales stuff, i get angry too when people prey on the nieve. So dont take that personal, we're just protecting newcomers from scams. Obviously your idea of creating a board is not a marketing pitch and sounds like it could really help people stay on track.

And to the poster who is trying to derail this thread by speaking about " people cant lose weight while eating junk food " ~ that is so untrue. Your new to this so dont know any better. But yes you can lose weight while enjoying the foods you love. I lost all my weight while having ice cream and cake in moderation. Calories in ~calories out. Ive already explained this to you several times but you have chosen not to listen . You have chosen to take nutritional advice from your trainer instead and thats fine , but stop spreading bad information on here. There's tons of people on here who have lost weight using portion control and moderation. Calories in ~calories out.

tumblr_lr6uiqel0X1r2hybuo1_400.gif
  • VisionBoardCoach
    Well I appreciate all the positive comments here... I tend to be a positive person no matter what I attempt, and I enjoy the support of community. Vision Boards are a proven effective tool for goal achievement...and weight loss is a goal. Others post on here what they do for a living, so I'm no different from them. I encourage and coach naturally.. and also look to learn. I've found a few groups that appeal to me here.. and look forward to participating. I've also added a total of two new groups as well, and hope to see more people participate in them. I for one appreciate people sharing what works for them.. both free and not free.. as for what I'm offering, there is no charge. I also look forward to getting to know all of the positive people here.

Please feel free to join us at Vision Boards for weight loss.... your positive comments are welcome, as are everyone else's...

Negative comments, however, if not constructive, will be deleted and removed.

Good luck and congratulations to all who have had success with their weight loss goals!
  • zoeysasha37
    I have a question about your board idea, although im not using this for weight loss. Do you update your board every few months or make a new board when the goals on the former are met ? ( i work two days a week at a high end jewelry store. The board idea could be useful as far as sales goals . )
  • zoeysasha37

Or you could use them to gain useful knowledge to help attain your weight loss goals ?
    There's a whole section of success stories of people who have met their goals using mfp, using portion control and eating junk food in moderation. Or you can continue to believe the hype.....thats up to you.....
  • VisionBoardCoach
    I have a question about your board idea, although im not using this for weight loss. Do you update your board every few months or make a new board when the goals on the former are met ? ( i work two days a week at a high end jewelry store. The board idea could be useful as far as sales goals . )

Vision Boards can be used for any goal..not just weight loss. You should update your board when you feel there is a need. It can be every couple of months or weeks... it's based on how you FEEL about your board. Only you know when it's appropriate or needed. I actually posted all the steps to Vision Board creation from step one to beginning your next one at the group Vision Boards for Weight Loss... please join us and check out the details. I even show 3 different types you can use and posted one of my own as an example.... it was completed for a career goal I had. :-) Good luck to you!
  • zoeysasha37

Vision Boards can be used for any goal..not just weight loss. You should update your board when you feel there is a need. It can be every couple of months or weeks... it's based on how you FEEL about your board. Only you know when it's appropriate or needed. I actually posted all the steps to Vision Board creation from step one to beginning your next one at the group Vision Boards for Weight Loss... please join us and check out the details. I even show 3 different types you can use and posted one of my own as an example.... it was completed for a career goal I had. :-) Good luck to you!

Thanks yes i feel that some people do very well with visuals. When they see the goal in front of them, its a constant reminder of what they want to work towards. Sales of high end jewelry is very competitive and meeting sales goals is imperative. I'll pass this vision board information on tomorrow at work.
  • VisionBoardCoach
    Awesome....the more people who benefit the better!
  • zoeysasha37
    Awesome....the more people who benefit the better!

I have some old rolex marketing materials that can be cut up for the board. Im thinking about making one as a guide then encouraging the sales team to create their own to suite their specific sales goals. They can hang the boards at their desks or homes to remind them of the task at hand and also the benefits of meeting these goals ( there are large sales incentives for selling some of the high end time pieces ) thanks again
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member

Ok. Happy flouncing.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!