How many hours of walking?

Options
13»

Replies

• southerngal80
    southerngal80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Use this app called Runkeeper. If you can keep your phone on you, then it will record all that you walk and what you burnt! That's what I do!
  • fulltimelife
    fulltimelife Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Get a Fitbit, sync it to MFP and let it figure out what your activity is worth calorie burn via steps taken. As others suggested, you could change your activity level to reflect a fairly active work day. On my end, I prefer to have MFP calculate my allotted calories as sedentary. Some days I'm super busy and active naturally, some days i have to really work at it, and some days I'm a sloth. Knowing my base calories are set at the minimum, it gives me some wiggle room for exercise logged. Because of the variability in my activity, I absolutely log cleaning, and other daily living behavior. At the very least, I just let Fitbit calorie burn be what I go with for the day. Regardless, if you aren't making progress, then you'll certainly need to move more/eat less. Take care.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I would walk 500 miles.
    I would walk 500 more.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I would raise your activity level in mfp up a level and see if I lose as expected for a few weeks.

Raise it up or down again depending on the actual results.

• andrcollrvt
    andrcollrvt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    jcal1021 wrote: »
    Hey all!
    I work retail and am on my feet all day. I work 7-8 hour shifts with one 1/2 hr break. The rest of the time I am sticking,helping customers,walking back and forth.

My question is, how should I log this?

Work (including housework, yard work and child care) is part of your activity level, and should not be logged as exercise.

Agreed. I am always on my feet at work but I never log it. It's just part of your daily activity level.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I would walk 500 miles.
    By the time her wedding comes, I will.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I would walk 500 miles.
    I would walk 500 more.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROd9liMKYO33saaFHvIZl-HrIjfWxfFvY9ZWuRRspaIWELQcasPA