Coffee

Options
2»

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    you can replace the sugar for a sweetener if you want...saves calories but you dont have too.
    As long as you eat/drink less calories as you burn, you will lose weight
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I put sugar free vanilla creamer and a touch of sugar into my coffee. Yes, it's calories, but I'd be less happy if I used those calories elsewhere and didn't put them in my coffee. My two cups of coffee a day are about 150 calories and it's an excellent use of "snack" calories in my opinion.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    tipc85 wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I'm asking or what I meant to ask. I use creamer and sugar

Yep, perfectly fine as long as you log it all.

I
    I drink several coffees a day. I add a bit of milk, so a cup of coffee for me is about 35 calories. I have 3 young kids, and I'm a teacher....I wouldn't survive the day without coffee :)

So you don't put sugar in your coffee?

I don't put sugar in my coffee. I gradually cut down the amount of sugar I was putting my coffee until I didn't use any at all. I'll happily drink unsweetened black coffee now. You get used to it and learn to love it.

But if you really enjoy your coffee and creamer just log it. We all have those things we enjoy and don't want to give up.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    I drink black coffee too.
    And sometimes i treat myself with a flavored creamer :) Is yummie
    But i love black strong coffee
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black with one sugar.

Switching to black coffee was easy once I started buying a better grade of coffee.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    oh i have Starbucks coffee too...soooooo good. We make it some evenings after our dinner
    An espresso or cappuccino yummmm
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    I drink my coffee black with one sugar.

Switching to black coffee was easy once I started buying a better grade of coffee.

This is sooooo true.

I typically put a little half & half and/or milk in my coffee (around 2-3 teaspoons or so) and that's it. Good quality coffee doesn't need much added to it.

~Lyssa

• Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    Coffee=nectar of the gods. Can't live without 2 cups every morning. With nonfat milk, which I log.

Yeah, that. Except I do use regular creamer, the French Vanilla flavor. I'm not messing around with my coffee. lol
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have coffee everyday, in the morning and once about 15-20 minutes before I workout. It is a wonderful energy booster to help me push through my runs on the elliptical!! Nothing wrong with coffee, just like everyone else said, make room for it in your daily calorie goal :)
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I agree that coffee is very good black once you get used to it. Think of it as rocket fuel for your mind, not a sweet creamy treat.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Coffee is life. I just make sure to measure how much milk I'm putting in it and that it fits in my calories.
  • cyronius
    cyronius Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    OK, non American here. What on earth is "creamer"? Do you not use milk in your coffee in the US?
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    cyronius wrote: »
    OK, non American here. What on earth is "creamer"? Do you not use milk in your coffee in the US?

Originally was half cream/half milk (or half and half). These days it has morphed into things unholy...
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I drink several coffees a day. I add a bit of milk, so a cup of coffee for me is about 35 calories. I have 3 young kids, and I'm a teacher....I wouldn't survive the day without coffee :)

So you don't put sugar in your coffee?

Coffee itself is negligible to no calories. If you add sugar or cream, those calories add up quickly.

Personally, I drink mine black, like my soul....
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I'm not a very nice person to be around in a morning before I have my coffee!

On the matter of it's 'content', by itself it's not loaded with calories. The things you put with the coffee define how macro friendly it is.

Unless you're very sensitive to caffeine and it fits your goals (I can't see a coffee by itself not fitting into anybody's goals) then you'll be absolutely fine.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I like very strong coffee (like an espresso) with lots of sugar and 10% cream. Sometimes I use 5% or cut the cream with unsweetened almond milk, but I don't always feel like doing that. It saves me ~50ish calories when I do.
  • ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Cut back from 15 cups to 5 cups. I am starting to see my abs, more vascularity. Coffee never did anything for me nor has it ever hindered me anytime during weight loss.