Ladies I need some advice

Options
Ladies, during or right before your time of the month do you tend to weigh more? If so how much weight do you pick up and when do you experience this?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yes. 3-5 pounds. Every month and it's temporary. Don't worry about it, it's normal.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Yep its normal, dont worry.
  • shavetabrock87
    shavetabrock87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks. My weight went up like 10 pounds but my period is not due for another 5/6 days so I was starting to worry how I gained the 10 pounds I worked so hard to lose.
  • nora_gettingfitnow
    nora_gettingfitnow Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yes it can be anything from 3-6 pounds for me, usually start to feel this about two days before hand. I also binge on junk food (which I am trying to get out of the habit) its only at that time, whatever my body is lacking it longs for the sweet stuff. Its normal though, never weigh or measure yourself around that time. Always wait until at least 5days after.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Thanks. My weight went up like 10 pounds but my period is not due for another 5/6 days so I was starting to worry how I gained the 10 pounds I worked so hard to lose.

I have months like this! Sometimes even midmonth rather than typical PMS. I can go 10 to 12 pounds occasionally, although 3 to 5 is more typical. what's nice, though, is if you stick with your deficit throughout this time, I typically see a bigger drop when it's all squared away.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing weight I would have gains of 10 pounds. It was always heartbreaking, but the next day "ahh yes that's why" by the end I'm back on track. Now I only go up about 3 pounds or so.
    Super excited I weighed myself the other day and was a pound less, hadn't weigh in a while. The next day period. Wonder how much it would have been if I hadn't started.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yep. During ovulation for some, too (as I'm currently up at this point).
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I see a peak of about 5 lbs the day I start. I also see a bit of a bump when I ovulate. I just track and move on. It's kind of neat to see the trend over several months
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I retain water like it's my full time job. It goes away quick enough. Just don't weigh yourself constantly :-)
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Yep! Just ignore, don't freak out. I also get voraciously hungry just beforehand. I could eat everything that's not nailed down and I stare at other people's food. I drink a lot of herbal tea during that time....
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am anywhere from 3-7(SEVEN) pounds more week before and of TOM. I have just started staying away from the scale at this time because even though I know it's temporary... It seriously bums me out!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Yup, happens to lots of women. It sucks so bad watching it go up, but is very fun when it drops back down. :)

Makes for an interesting weight chart, too. :)
  • sunshine4u229
    sunshine4u229 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I gain up to 10 lbs around my time!
  • shavetabrock87
    shavetabrock87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yep! Just ignore, don't freak out. I also get voraciously hungry just beforehand. I could eat everything that's not nailed down and I stare at other people's food. I drink a lot of herbal tea during that time....

I get really hungry too. I will start logging down how much weight I gain around my time of the month.
  • mijdge
    mijdge Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I usually gain about 3lbs - I also become really hungry for about 2 days beforehand!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

:laugh: THIS! I swear this must be people's first periods.
  • fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking the question OP I was wondering too if the same thing is happening to all of us. I am up 4lbs and it bummed me since it prevented me to reach my weekly goal. I also crave junk food a few days before. The good thing is it prompts me to workout harder to see a loss
  • SarahSloth342634
    SarahSloth342634 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I gain a little water and refuse to weigh myself for a week! Also I'm ovulating and have gained 2lb (hopefully just water) and my appetite is crazy mid cycle. :( it does my head in.