P90?

Options
Can someone explain what this workout is and what you need (if anything) at home to be able to do it, i mean by way of weights and equipment.

Thanks guys!

Replies

• bryzzl
    bryzzl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing! I have P90x on the way and i was wondering what equipment I should get so that I'm ready to start when it arrives - like how heavy a set of dumbells (complete weight amateur) etc

Thanks!
  • bkassing1
    bkassing1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    P90X requires a pull up a bar and a variety of light weights. You can also use different colored bands. It's pretty basic from an equipment perspective. These workouts are designed to be done in small spaces with little equipment. The last item you need is to be consistent.
  • bkassing1
    bkassing1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing! I have P90x on the way and i was wondering what equipment I should get so that I'm ready to start when it arrives - like how heavy a set of dumbells (complete weight amateur) etc

Thanks!

Pullups and pushups. Although they say you can get by with the bands as a replacement for pull ups, they aren't nearly as effective as doing them (even with support of a chair as they show you). Start out with some 5lbs, 10lbs and 15lbs dumbells. As you get stronger, then you can get more weights.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    The original question said P90, which is a different program from p90X. P90 does not require a pull up bar. It requires some basic weight to start with; 5's 8's and 10's.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    not sure with p90 but as i just replied on my status, me and sam do p90x...all we need is a pull up bar(or resistance bands) and free weights...and a yoga mat :)
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    oh i didn't realise there was a p90 and p90x, whats the difference? i'm more lost now lol
  • unreve
    unreve Posts: 1
    Options
    In short, P90X is more than just a workout. It is an instructional program to become physically fit through a process of possible diet changes, exercises, and more. You will need simple items like resistance bands, or weights. They give you the flexibility to use whichever you prefer. If you want to know more about P90X just visit their website. The FAQ section may be worth looking at.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do?t=p90x2c2&code=P90XDOTCOM
  • lakevan
    lakevan Posts: 1
    Options
    The equipment needed for P90 is pretty basic hand weights or a resistance band.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    oh i didn't realise there was a p90 and p90x, whats the difference? i'm more lost now lol

Sorry, P90 or Power 90 is the precursor workout program that comes before P90X. it's mostly cardio conditioning with some weights and yoga.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Is this the set that uses a resistance cord - the ones with handles? Resistance cords are easy to find - but they come in higher & lower resistance levels. Wal-mart, Target, K-mart.

This was the original (before) P90X - with Tony Horton.