Runners: ankle hurting?

Options
ive been doing running in teals eery other day. The inside of my left foot hurts toward the lower ankle/heel. Wht should I do to speed up recovery?

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i don't know what teals are. but if you are having foot issues, you need to stop running and get proper footwear. probably stop running for a week or even two.

are you running intervals, distance?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    How far are you running? Did you have your running shoes picked due to gait analysis?

Also, what is your heel strike?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I prefer to do my running in beige. Except in the spring months, when the bright blues really bring out the color of my eyes
  • BetterBod91
    BetterBod91 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Maybe slow down your pace until it gets better.
  • chandelierbee
    chandelierbee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i don't know what teals are. but if you are having foot issues, you need to stop running and get proper footwear. probably stop running for a week or even two.

are you running intervals, distance?

I ment intervals. Sorry and I do some sort of cardio every day but I can't bc I have to walk my dogs. And it's been my main source for weightloss
  • chandelierbee
    Options
    Also I've been running intervals for 35+ min
  • chandelierbee
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    I prefer to do my running in beige. Except in the spring months, when the bright blues really bring out the color of my eyes

Haha, real funny
  • chandelierbee
    Options
    How far are you running? Did you have your running shoes picked due to gait analysis?

Also, what is your heel strike?

I'm doing 2 1/4 miles+ every other day. And what's gait analysis? I might doin stupid but I'be been running with the same shoes for 4 years, but I basically just started running a couple of months ago
  • chandelierbee
    Options
    Heel strike? I must research! >:[
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    okay, i have no idea what is going on... but if you are experiencing pain from running, then you should stop running to allow it to heal.

if you've been in the same sneakers for the last four years, you need to get some new ones. the best option would be to go to a running store to get some options and have them watch you run while on a treadmill. they can help you out and tell you what you are doing wrong and provide some corrections.

also, weightloss is primarily due to what you eat, not your exercise.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    New shoes are likely needed, and rest to allow the foot to heal.

Can you define what you mean by running intervals so we are sure we are all on the same page?

• chandelierbee
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    New shoes are likely needed, and rest to allow the foot to heal.

Can you define what you mean by running intervals so we are sure we are all on the same page?

Sorry for the confusion. I do this app called "running for weightloss" 3x a week.
    Workout today was:
    ~Warm up (5 min)
    ~Run (2 min)
    ~Walk (1 min)
    ~Run (1:30) + sprint 80% (:15 sec)+ walk (1:30) *x4
    ~run (2 min) + walk (1:30) *x4
    ~cool down (5min)

• chandelierbee
    Options
    What do I do then if I take it easy on my feet. I hate staying in one place
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I was starting out and after about 2 weeks pain went away.