can't lose any more weight after three months of trying

Options
after about three months of diet and exercise, I lost about 15 pounds. But after that my body refuses to lose more weight. With the same diets and physical activities as before, I can no longer lose weight. My weight stays the same. does anyone have this issue? what is the cause or possible solution? Please help

Replies

• hyperbeth1
    hyperbeth1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have hit a plateau.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Are you consistently weighing all that you consume with a food scale to be as accurate as possible?
  • srujana_kanneganti
    srujana_kanneganti Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    May have to eat a little less now. Weigh everything, eat more filling, low-calorie foods.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight you may need to decrease your food. Big bodies burn more.

But I doubt this is the case since you lost 15 pounds.

How long has your weight been stalled? For 3 months or you lost weight every week for 3 months but didn't this week?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Have you recalculated your tdee/calorie goal since you lost the 15lbs?
  • Nataysha88
    Nataysha88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This Happens A Lot. Sounds like you need to change it up a Little Bit, Try A New Diet Plan and Exercise Routine.. Shock Your Body! Kick-start it Again!
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    open your diary
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Its because you arent at deficit (eating more than you think and or burning less) or you arent being patient enough.

You dont give any information so we cnat really know what your situation is.

The answer as usual is to eat less so you are at a consistent deficit, move more or be patient. Iys normally a combination of these. !5lbs in 3 months is good going, so id say your expectations are unrealistic, but its unclear if you have lost 15 in 3 months or you have been stalled for 3 months.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart_zps3s3xqead.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Your issue will be innaccurate logging of food, or exercise or both

Open your diary for specific help
  • chhanpaul
    chhanpaul Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hyperbeth1 wrote: »
    Sounds like you have hit a plateau.

Hmm... I don't I did that yet. I am still in the overweight category :)
  • chhanpaul
    Options
    Thanks everyone for advice. I think you are right. I did not weight everything I consume and I switch from jogging to swimming. I have not lost weight for about a month. After reflecting on food and exercise, I may have drunk more fluids and eaten more than I think since I started swimming. Swimming is more rigorous than jogging I guess and I feel hungrier. Thanks for the tips. Will have to eat a little less :)
  • chhanpaul
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart_zps3s3xqead.jpg

Thanks for the info graph. it is informative.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It took me over a year longer than it took you, but my weight loss crawled to a stop. I was stuck. Couldn't lose unless I starved and I was kind of sick to death of weighing every little sesame seed, anyway, so I consulted with the doctor and Dieititan and took a break. A long break.

I wasn't eating ribs and fresh fries all the time. I ate the same food, but I ate more bread and had a few treats now and again. I just didn't think, care, plan or worry about anything weight-loss related. A break meant a BREAK.

When I started up again, the pounds started coming off quickly again, just like when I first started losing. I didn't mind weighing the food. I was excited to lose again and came back with new goals and a happier attitude. :)

If I hit another plateau, you can bet your sweet bananas I'll be taking another break. I'm now a huge fan of them. I'm hoping to get the last third of my weight off without another break, though.

That's not to say that it's what you need. It's just my experience. :)
  • Lavorazione
    Lavorazione Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. For me, the solution was to modify my macros ratio. I noticed I was generally eating 50% carbs, 20% fat and 30%. When I started increasing my protein intake (aiming for 50% protein, 30% fat and 20% carbs) I started to lose weight quickly.

This article helped me to get this insight: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macro-math-3-keys-to-dialing-in-your-macro-ratios.html

Good luck!
  • chhanpaul
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    It took me over a year longer than it took you, but my weight loss crawled to a stop. I was stuck. Couldn't lose unless I starved and I was kind of sick to death of weighing every little sesame seed, anyway, so I consulted with the doctor and Dieititan and took a break. A long break.

I wasn't eating ribs and fresh fries all the time. I ate the same food, but I ate more bread and had a few treats now and again. I just didn't think, care, plan or worry about anything weight-loss related. A break meant a BREAK.

When I started up again, the pounds started coming off quickly again, just like when I first started losing. I didn't mind weighing the food. I was excited to lose again and came back with new goals and a happier attitude. :)

If I hit another plateau, you can bet your sweet bananas I'll be taking another break. I'm now a huge fan of them. I'm hoping to get the last third of my weight off without another break, though.

That's not to say that it's what you need. It's just my experience. :)

Thanks, I think break is a good idea. Since I posted this, I did not lose any more and now I took your advice :). I eat just enough not to feel hungry and I will start again soon.
  • chhanpaul
    Options
    I had the same problem. For me, the solution was to modify my macros ratio. I noticed I was generally eating 50% carbs, 20% fat and 30%. When I started increasing my protein intake (aiming for 50% protein, 30% fat and 20% carbs) I started to lose weight quickly.

This article helped me to get this insight: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macro-math-3-keys-to-dialing-in-your-macro-ratios.html

Good luck!

Thanks, will have a look.
  • purelyprimitives
    purelyprimitives Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Its only been 2 weeks for me so its probably too soon to determine accurately, but for me, eating 1200cals/day just maintains my weight. In order to lose, I need to eat less than this. Oddly, this site recommends that I eat 2080 cals/day. :) If I actually ate that much I'd be as big as a house!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Its only been 2 weeks for me so its probably too soon to determine accurately, but for me, eating 1200cals/day just maintains my weight. In order to lose, I need to eat less than this. Oddly, this site recommends that I eat 2080 cals/day. :) If I actually ate that much I'd be as big as a house!

Men should not be eating fewer than 1500 calories per day. If you aren't losing at 1200, then there's no way you're only eating 1200.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options

Were you using a food scale?