Why so many locked food diary's?

Options
2»

Replies

• flaminica
    flaminica Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    - Because they enjoy seeing this thread get re-created over and over and over again every few weeks.
  • TheNerdyMonkey
    TheNerdyMonkey Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I personally keep my food diary open so that my friends on here can see that we all make mistakes and to see the kind of things I have a hard time staying away from. They feel better when they relate to others, it makes this journey feel less lonely for many. I also have been told that people have been inspired by many of the health foods and drinks I enter. It encourages them to try new things, especially when they see it's something I eat or drink often. So if I can help in anyway by keeping my food diary open, so be it :) As far as your profile goes, it's whatever suits you best.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I have mine open 'cause I don't give a frak what people on the internet think of my eating habits. Having said that, I can understand why people would have it locked, as I have lost more than one friend over my eating habits.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I don't know.
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well, my profile is open, but my food diary is open to friends only. I don't care if my friends want to criticize what I eat, I am open to suggestions, and will take their suggestions into consideration. But I don't want the people that think their way is the only way and is the correct way to do something because I have proved them wrong time and time again. I think for myself and use the logic I have gained over the years to determine my path to achieve my goals.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time, "diary" implied something private.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    cpeak1 wrote: »
    Ok I get it . Just a question . Don't take it the wrong way. I understand.

The question is perfectly fine, but some people get very defensive about it. When its been asked previously the answers have gone on for many pages as though its a personal attack. If you want people with open diaries then make that clear in your friend requests or profile.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I didnt want you to know that on thursday I ate nothing but taco bell...yep, lunch and dinner. by saturday I was down a pound :-)

Saturday, I had a quesarito for lunch, another for dinner, and I had planned on a caramel apple empanada but I wound up at dairy queen, so I waited until after midnight to eat the empanada. :D
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    flaminica wrote: »
    - Because they enjoy seeing this thread get re-created over and over and over again every few weeks.

Erm, ever think that a new poster may be curious and not actually have read every single other thread that has ever been created on here, just in case they are repeating something? I guess you are such an expert old hand that you if you ever asked a question on here it would be one that has NEVER been asked before! Couldn't you have just carried on by without the need for a snarky comment?! Sigh....
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    SLLeask wrote: »

Erm, ever think that a new poster may be curious and not actually have read every single other thread that has ever been created on here, just in case they are repeating something? I guess you are such an expert old hand that you if you ever asked a question on here it would be one that has NEVER been asked before! Couldn't you have just carried on by without the need for a snarky comment?! Sigh....

So, lemmee make sure I have this straight...their light-hearted joke is totally mean and not ok, but your snarky overreaction is just fine? How's about you set an example for the behavior you want to see?

• lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 244 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Mine is open and it's not to put on a show, I have never had anyone be rude and if someone wants to be rude, they need to get a life!! I have friends on here that eat different than I do, they stay within their deficit and are losing weight, everyone needs to do what works for them. I also don't feel that having an open dairy gives anyone the right to judge what I am eating, now if I ask the question: please look at what I eat and tell me what I need to change. Than yes I am opening myself up. I don't do that, I also NEVER tell anyone what they should and should not be eating open dairy or not! I have found having my dairy open and having friends with open diaries has helped open up food ideas for myself and other people and have also been asked for some recipes that is why mine is open.

Same here; I gander at other peoples diaries in my friend list mostly for inspiration on tasty low cal food ideas but hey no judgement if they choose to keep them locked. I feel privileged to have this insight for those that are sharing.

Mine is open to my friend list - perve away... or don't... whatever helps you...or doesn't. My diary, my choice :)

I may not be always perfect but I am human and I am totally fine with sharing that.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options

So, lemmee make sure I have this straight...their light-hearted joke is totally mean and not ok, but your snarky overreaction is just fine? How's about you set an example for the behavior you want to see?

Didn't come across that way to me, there were no winks or smiles after it to indicate anything other than a "Oh no, another stupid newbie with a post that has been done to death!". I am sick of coming on here and seeing "light hearted" digs at new posters and then the bully's defence of "Oh, it wasn't being mean, can't you take a joooooke?!". The written word can be hard to interpret.
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I didnt want you to know that on thursday I ate nothing but taco bell...yep, lunch and dinner. by saturday I was down a pound :-)

Saturday, I had a quesarito for lunch, another for dinner, and I had planned on a caramel apple empanada but I wound up at dairy queen,

so I waited until after midnight to eat the empanada. :D
    ^
    Haha I did this the other night with chocolate! So relieved to know I am not the only one to have done this o:)
  • jennifer_417
    Options

Didn't come across that way to me, there were no winks or smiles after it to indicate anything other than a "Oh no, another stupid newbie with a post that has been done to death!". I am sick of coming on here and seeing "light hearted" digs at new posters and then the bully's defence of "Oh, it wasn't being mean, can't you take a joooooke?!". The written word can be hard to interpret.

Again, I will ask. Why is it ok for YOU to be snarky, but not someone else. Would it not be better to set an example of the behavior you wish to see?

Also, we're all adults here, right? Do you really NEED to see a smiley or winky face to recognize a joke? Are we all really that unsophisticated?