For those who have cheat days..

Options
I'm just wondering, for those of you who have cheat days, do you cheat on workout days or rest days? Or does it matter?

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    depends on my mood. I have been cheating alot the last 2 weeks, losing to much weight!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I always exercise extra on my cheat days.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I cheat on a workout day. I feel I need to be good on my rest days, but I don't think it really matters. :happy:
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really matters, but I have mine on weekends. I don't usually go to the gym on weekends, but sometimes my man and I do some sort of physical activity, whether it is tennis or just going for a walk. I love my cheat days though, I look forward to that can of pop or piece of cake I have been longing for :smile:
  • xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have a reward day and I still do my workout as per usual.. I just allow one meal to be a treat, everything else I do the same
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I don't have "cheat" days per se, but if I want something that I can't normally fit into my calories, I make sure to work out more. Like, if I want to go out for ice cream, I bike an extra 30 minutes to give myself those calories.

You really can eat whatever you want in moderation as long as you fit in the extra burn and I know some people will eat less on certain days if they know they are going to eat more one or two days that week.
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    For me, I take Sundays off. I do not exercise and I eat what I want in moderation...I still log everything and I usually do go over on calories. Hey, even God rested on the 7th day, lol! :laugh:
  • my1lastchance
    Options
    I don't know if this helps because I don't have predetermined "cheat days" but whenever I eat bad food like say pizza, it's usually on my non-weight lifting days. But that day I usually feel terrible for eating bad food so I do extra cardio.
  • fosterks
    fosterks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days, I have treat days. I plan when my next one is going to be, and have one a week. I plan what I will eat on the next one, and can plan my exercise accordingly. It gives me something to work towards, makes the 'good' days not seem as bad as I have something to look forward to.

I really recommend them!!!
  • spoonguy80
    spoonguy80 Posts: 3
    Options
    i def cheat on workout days and if i am going to cheat i will often only have a 'cheat meal' right after i workout. this will help lessen the blow a bit since your body will still be primed and burning calories recovering from the wkout.

but to me mainly the cheat day is more of a 'sanity day'. if you dont workout that day, dont. it's a day to indulge a bit and then get back on the wagon. my main thing is that my GF and i dont' gorge ourselves on 'fast food'. we eat all the food we want but it must be made at home.

keep it up and so will I.
  • divades
    divades Posts: 145
    Options
    I don't have a specific cheat day -- if I want something and cannot resist the temptation to eat it or find a substitution, then I eat it. I have been doing pretty good with not eating things that I shouldn't be though. Eating out proves to be a bit difficult, but on days that I know I'm going out to eat, I try to save most of my calories for the day for that meal. I try to make it a point to stay within my calorie range whether 'cheating' or not, and whether I have worked out or not -- although I feel less guilty about 'cheating' if I've worked out that day.

You will find what works for you. Best of luck :)