Healthy Pizza choices?

Options
Im going out with an old friend and our familes tomorrow, we are going to a pizza resteraunt and they have a voucher so everyone will be ordering a pizza, Ive just avoided places like that so far but I cant do that forever so can anyone advise me of a good/healthy choice for a pizza? I will be having a salad so I can bulk up on that and will probably have a couple of slices of pizza at most. On a lighter note she doesnt know Ive been loosing weight and Im around 4 stones lighter than the last time I saw her so hopefully she will notice :smile: .

Replies

• ehedges31
    ehedges31 Posts: 72
    Options
    try something with thin crust for sure, bell peppers and chicken or a veggie type pizza.

ps: way to go on your weight loss!!
  • canmancan
    canmancan Posts: 14
    Options
    Most places will also make your pizza without the cheese/ or half cheese if your friend wants it. Stay away from the meats on the pizza and load on the veggies. Thin crust will be better also.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Thin crust, cheese or cheese with veggies is the lightest.
  • AliciaMancini
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work! You look great! If it was me, I would have a couple slices of veggie pizza with no cheeze. Or order half of a veggie pizza to come with no cheeze. That will save you a ton of calories and it's delicious! Have fun!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Can you check the restaurant nutrition info before you go?

Note on thin crusts: I know at dominoes in Australia, thin is actually worse for you because they put butter on the bases. So just check :)
  • thedogsmother
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I didnt even realise you can ask for no or less cheese so thats great, and I will double check that they dont add any butter to the thin crust bases. I love veggies so veggie pizza will be fine for me, Im looking forward to it now that I dont feel like I cant eat anything without feeling guilty.