Victoria, BC ?

Options
Hi! I have been on here for a few months now, but haven't "introduced" myself officially yet :P
I have lsot 18 lbds so far, and I must said that MFP has been a huge contributor to this!!!! Being able to track my calories and excercise, and on my phone as well is such a huge advantage and I tell everyone I know about it :)

I have Ehlers Danlos syndrome, which is a degenerative disease in my connective tissue (I.E joints), and thusly in the past, everytime I try to get in shape, I push myself too hard and injure myself. I have been taking it slow this time around, and so far, so good! I would like to make some new friends in the Victoria area that are like minded that I can work out with- I run 3 times a week, and go to the gym 4 times a week, twice a day. I am taking an interest in low level body building (not huge bulking up!!!), and would love to meet others that I can do this with :P

I am a mom, and it is very hard to juggle work, kid, and working out, but I seem to be managing- re-arranging priorities has taken a lot of work!!!

Replies

• adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Not from Victoria... but glad to meet you and wanted to wish you good luck on reaching your goals!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I live in Vic!!!!!! :) What gym do you go to?
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    From Port Alberni, BC A little too far away but nice meeting you!:flowerforyou:
  • Barbgetsfit
    Options
    I just joined this site minutes ago, than I saw your post Victoria Bc.. ahh how I love that City. I now live in Nanaimo.. but grew up in Victoria and moved 3 yrs ago, miss it soo much.

So I can't work out with you, but.... we can support each other...
    Sounds like your doing fabulous, great job on all the awesome work outs... and running, wow.
    I have been at this a long time, been up and down... did pretty good and was down close to 40 lbs... but than we got married in Mexico and I gained alot in that week... Now.. we are doing the legal wedding in July, and I have been struggling and just trying to stay focused...
    I have about 75 ish lbs to get to my big goal but 50 lbs for a small one{onderland}
    I love lifting weights, I did body for life and had awesome success.So I have that same passion...

If you would like to support each other on this journey, that would be awesome... I am Very committed to a healthy way of life. Your going to do great!!
  • Kaiwyn
    Kaiwyn Posts: 11
    Options
    @Cannucklove- I go to the esq. rec. for my workouts, and I love it!

Thanks for the wecomes to everyone else :) I only started running 6 weeks ago with a friend- i started the couch to 5k. When I started a could hardly run 30 secs without feeling like I'd die, and then today I ran for 25 min!!!
  • Barbgetsfit
    Options
    Awww I used to work out there too, Loved it, and it was 2 min walk from my house, boy I miss Victoria....