Advice on traffic court?

Options
kraft_kris
kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
I am going to court tomorrow for failure to stop at a stop sign - I've never been before. I don't necessarily want to avoid the fine - but I do want to avoid the hit to my driving record & subsequent insurance rate increase - any advice??

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Come to a complete stop at stop signs from now on.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    different states have different laws. You might want to find someone in GA to ask like a friend?
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Come to a complete stop at stop signs from now on.

duly noted.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Be sorry. Be very very sorry. Super contrite, super polite. Aware of the risk you took, will never do it again, realise you don't have the right to ask, but truly hope you can do penance without any lasting ramifications. Don't be a suck up, but be sincere and sorry.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Be sorry. Be very very sorry. Super contrite, super polite. Aware of the risk you took, will never do it again, realise you don't have the right to ask, but truly hope you can do penance without any lasting ramifications. Don't be a suck up, but be sincere and sorry.

Also if you have a clean driving record, be sure to bring that up. :-)

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    KCoolBeanz wrote: »

Oh, definitely.
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    Tell the judge you'll be willing to perform sexual acts to him/her in their private chambers. ;)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    KCoolBeanz wrote: »

In the State of Maryland, your record already gest brought up in court with a traffic violation which was why my first comment was said like that.
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Most states have a program for first offenders traffic charges. In IL it is called court supervision. It costs a bit more then the normal fine yet if you have no other moving violations for six months it is wiped from your rec ord. Good Luck!!