Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Depending how much you usually drink in a day, it may not be a good idea to completely cut it out. In fact, having an "all or nothing" mentality usually leads to feeling deprived and then giving up. Consider making small changes in your diet and slowly begin making better choices for yourself.
  • AlyM725
    AlyM725 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Quitting Dr. Pepper cold turkey was probably the single thing that caused me to fail repeatedly in my previous weight loss attempts. This time I slowly cut back on it and 30 days in, I'm down to one a day, and I dont feel deprived at all. It gives me something to look forward to in the evening and I can enjoy it guilt free because I've worked it in to my meal plan.
  • megnut526
    megnut526 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree, I went from drinking three-four cokes a day to only one. I didn't end up with headaches from cutting out the caffeine cold turkey, plus I looked forward to my one coke with dinner. And now some days I skip it all together since I'm not as dependent on it
  • mrob811
    mrob811 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree with not cutting all out right from the start, unless you are extremely disciplined. I don't drink soda, but every now and then I will share one with a friend. It took a lot of mental work to get to that point though.
  • MissChibs
    MissChibs Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It might help to switch to a caffeine free soda as well. I was really addicted to Pepsi, and I slowly switched over to Sprite. Then I weaned myself off.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    It could help to start by switching to diet soda (which has no calories). There is still caffeine in most diet sodas as well as sodium. But you don't have sugar and HFCS, so no calories to have to figure out where to fit in your diary.

Before anyone complains about artificial sweeteners, keep in mind that artificial sweeteners are some of the most studied food substances and have no problems for most people (some have genetic reasons they shouldn't be consuming aspartame). There are a couple of "studies" sometimes cited by a "doctor" whose license to practice medicine has been withdrawn. These "studies" do not use fair scientific methods and still the conclusions are not supported by the data collected.
  • LilannB
    LilannB Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like coke but I cut down on soda because I wanted to spend the calories on other things. I do drink coke on occasion. Last week I had coke twice I just worked it into my allowed calories. I still managed to lose 3 pounds for the week.