What a difference 10 stones makes :)

e5qrnc2dbtz9.jpg

I still see myself as the person on the left in my brain, and that was taken at about 3 stones from my heaviest weight - it's going to take a long, long time to click into place, but I am the person on the right now!!!

I'm still a work in progress, so watch this space, but if my daughters hadn't shown me MyFitnessPal then the person on the left would have just got larger and larger until she burst!!!

Replies

• nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    wow! Way to go!
  • mhollencamp102012
    mhollencamp102012 Posts: 165 Member
    very impressive! way to go keep it up!
  • Blair2374
    Blair2374 Posts: 50 Member
    Truly amazing :)
  • hapeximendios
    hapeximendios Posts: 29 Member
    Seriously well done!
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Congratulations! Keep up the fabulous work! I am so proud of you!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Whoop Whoop!! Nice work!
  • Shamamamma2
    Shamamamma2 Posts: 1 Member
    Thank you for taking the time to post your success. It inspires me and many others!
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Although you may still see yourself in your mind as the person on the left, I hope you are wearing clothes befitting the person on the right, otherwise you might loose them whilst walking around ... well done
  • jakx39
    jakx39 Posts: 25 Member
    wow you look great.
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    What you've done is incredibly impressive - thanks for posting.
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    2 different people! I'm not surprised it's taking a bit of getting used to. Always try on new clothes and learn to enjoy your new body and the new you. Xxx
  • sassysisterjd
    sassysisterjd Posts: 41 Member
    way to go!!! :smiley:
  • notfbam
    notfbam Posts: 45 Member
    What a great and awesome job you've done! And what a great gift to give to yourself (and those you love)! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Incredible! What an amazing transformation! Great job!
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    So encouraging! Be proud of yourself! You look amazing!
  • southcitystudio
    southcitystudio Posts: 627 Member
    Amazing! Great job!
  • dwozniak16
    dwozniak16 Posts: 146 Member
    You've done a fantastic job!
    You should be very proud.

It does take a while to realize we are no longer the person we were back then.
    I still struggle with it almost a year on... But I'm getting there in the mind!

I wish you continued success, you look great!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Looking good, you should be so proud
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    edited July 2015
    Thank you everyone..... the first photograph was the last one I'd let anyone take of me; I was so ashamed of it, but I then went on to gain another 3 stones :( .... I found that photograph when I was looking for some documents, tucked away in an envelope, and realised that if that's what I looked like then, what must I have looked like with another load of weight added on, and that spurred me into the journey I've taken.

I won't say it's been an easy journey, but I've done it, and proudly so.... I can't stress enough how important it is to have the support of family and friends - although you do the journey alone, it's great knowing someone is there for you to steady you if you stumble.

At the end of the day, this isn't a diet, it's a change of lifestyle - I may have a few more stumbles to come, but I become stronger with each step I take.

I wish every success to anyone in the same position, or those just starting out - we CAN do it!!!
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Congrats! You've made excellent progress. I agree having a supportive family is helpful. It does take awhile to get caught up with a new size. I still pick out an old size and laugh when it now looks like a tent on me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!