are body massages really must to reduce skin sagging after weight loss??

Options
2»

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Massage has no real correlation with sagging skin after weight loss.

To prevent sagging skin, start a strength training program asap.

Your trainer sounds like a moron
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    A greedy moron at that.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    It makes me so mad. These *kitten* that try to take advantage of people who just want to be healthy. Run away from this person and tell everyone you meet to run away from him.
  • anyatanu
    anyatanu Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thx all for saving my money :)

thats fr wat i am fortunate enough to came across this app and havin all my doubts clear with helpful ppl like you.

After reading feedback from all of you ,Today morning i told him NO straight away and challanged him that i will show you toned up me without your crap massages. And he was shocked as if something valuable has skipped from his hand :P

Once again thax to all :)

• anyatanu
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »
    It makes me so mad. These *kitten* that try to take advantage of people who just want to be healthy. Run away from this person and tell everyone you meet to run away from him.

Yeah i already told so many ppl in the gym about his buisness nd how is he making fool of ppl by showing wrong directions and how he z demotivating ppl.
    Means how can one say nthin will going to happen how much u wrkout.

• anyatanu
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Massage has no real correlation with sagging skin after weight loss.

To prevent sagging skin, start a strength training program asap.

Your trainer sounds like a moron

Thx..
    already im doing strength training along with aerobics nd cardio.
    :)

• anyatanu
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    @anyatanu - I love massage and get it regularly but don't like the way your trainer is upselling and hard selling you.

Your ticker says you've lost 18 pounds and have 18 to go - are you noticing sagging skin now?

As far as i know..till now there is no sagging in body.
    I have lost inches as my clothes say.
    But i dnt think there is any sagging.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread I got my *kitten* in gear to find a new masseur and have one booked tomorrow .. which I'm really looking forward to

It's not for sagging skin though, it's just cos I love massage and I have some long-term areas that could do with working on due to my lifting
  • anyatanu
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Thanks to this thread I got my *kitten* in gear to find a new masseur and have one booked tomorrow .. which I'm really looking forward to

It's not for sagging skin though, it's just cos I love massage and I have some long-term areas that could do with working on due to my lifting

I have nvr gone for masaage. But now instead in gym itself i will definitely look for some groupon deal to know how it feels :P
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    anyatanu wrote: »
    Thx all for saving my money :)

thats fr wat i am fortunate enough to came across this app and havin all my doubts clear with helpful ppl like you.

After reading feedback from all of you ,Today morning i told him NO straight away and challanged him that i will show you toned up me without your crap massages. And he was shocked as if something valuable has skipped from his hand :P

Once again thax to all :)

Just read this thread, you are the awesome!
  • shikham29
    shikham29 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A friend who id a trainer told me that their commission is 20-30% when they sell you anything, be it sessions or masage.
    Everyone else already pointed out that you don't need to worry about sagging skin with your weight and goals, and also that massage wouldn't have helped anyways.
    I suggest you take everything he says with a grain of salt and do your research.
    Also, isometric workouts have helped me with the mild sagging i had.
    Good luck.
  • anyatanu
    Options
    shikham29 wrote: »
    A friend who id a trainer told me that their commission is 20-30% when they sell you anything, be it sessions or masage.
    Everyone else already pointed out that you don't need to worry about sagging skin with your weight and goals, and also that massage wouldn't have helped anyways.
    I suggest you take everything he says with a grain of salt and do your research.
    Also, isometric workouts have helped me with the mild sagging i had.
    Good luck.

Thanks for your suggestion about isometric workouts.
    I jst checked this term as i was not aware of this bfre :)
    I am doing isometric workouts along with my aerobics 6 days a week.
    hopefully it will work !!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    anyatanu wrote: »
    Hi
    I have reduced 3 kgs in past 45 days. My height is 5ft nd currently i weigh 57kgs. Age 31 years. Blessed with baby girl 1 and half year back.

My gym trainer asked me to take body masaages under there weight reduction program to reduce skin sagging that will cause by weight loss..

According to him without massages weight loss is of no use. You will not look good after sagging.
    And its a must component that's need to be added if i want to achieve my goal to reduce mre 8 kgs in 6months.

he says how much effort i put in workouts and dietin..without massage everthing is waste.
    its costing 1000rs per massage and fr him i will need almost 30 massages.

Shall i go fr it or not...jst want to have some advises bfre spending this much money..
    Your gym trainer is obviously either trying to take advantage of you or is unknowledgeable in how physiology works. No massage doesn't reduce skin sagging.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Ya, a chain like Massage Envy are probably cheaper than massage at your gym. Also check Groupon - I've gotten some fantastic deals for massage there. The facility was also willing to give me the Groupon price after the deal ended.

Groupon yes, Massage Envy NO NO NO. I say this as a member - their rates for non-members are total ripoffs to discourage members from un-joining.

But Groupon for sure. And massage for sure, I couldn't live without it.