Looking for others following the Ideal Protein protocol or very low carb diet!

Options
Hi All,
My hubby and are on week 5 of the Ideal Protein diet and are doing very well! I've lost 18lbs and he has lost a whopping 30! Totally convinced now that we were addicted to carbs and sugar and its been incredibly eye opening so far...looking for others following this diet or other low carbs for more support and motivation and recipes....our center doesn't seem very with it....support-wise...the diet itself is GREAT and just what we needed.

Replies

• sophiasmom0914
    sophiasmom0914 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This sounds interesting. I've always been into low carb dieting, especially before I had my daughter! I have to look into this!!
  • KLD12013
    KLD12013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The first week is really tough as you get over your carb withdrawals but then you lose all the cravings it's the weirdest thing
  • jessifreehugs
    jessifreehugs Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just finished Day 2 on IP, and I'm excited to find people that have had success on the program. What results did you have during your first week, and what was your starting weight (if you don't mind me asking)?
  • Looser47
    Looser47 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I started optimism vlcd 3 1/2 weeks ago. I lost 3 kilos in 3 weeks, very happy with that. But since then my weight loss has decreased dramatically and I don't understand why? I'm sticking to the diet and am only having 550-900 calories per day. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice would be great. Thanks
  • blondemacb
    blondemacb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also interested in joining...started ideal protein after a friend had fantastic success....but trying to do program on my own....
  • Angela26point2finisher
    Angela26point2finisher Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just started Ideal Protein, day 2. Looking for added support. So far, I'm loving the program, the accountability is so important for me to be successful.
  • BarbaraCuevas1
    BarbaraCuevas1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting, I'll be looking in to it.

Thanks
  • mrob811
    mrob811 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    KLD12013 wrote: »
    The first week is really tough as you get over your carb withdrawals but then you lose all the cravings it's the weirdest thing

I am dealing with this right now. I swear, someone brought some bacon cheese fries into the office and I almost snatched it from them. I am only on day 2!
  • KLD12013
    KLD12013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hang in there!!! I guarantee it gets sooo much better!!promise!