Extremely Fatigued

Options
2»

Replies

• SkinnyKerinny
    SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Every person is different but when I was in my 40s and on Weight Watchers, a personal trainer added up my calories and they were low-- around 1250 to 1300. She said based on my work outs and level of activity, etc., that I should be at 1500 a day. It seemed very counter-intuitive to UP the calories to LOSE weight. But it actually worked.
  • lalainap19
    lalainap19 Posts: 165 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    OK thanks for the advise and im trying to lose 34 pounds GW 127 pounds and I set 2 pounds a week because I'm not very active since I'm a stay at home mom but I will add some calories and eat back %50 of the cals I burn and see how that makes me feel I know 1200 is low but I didn't think it would have an impact because it was the lowest recommended calorie intake.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    When you feel tired you are likely to give up or give in at one point
    Your body doesn't get enough fuel.
    It will get harder to keep up your determination.

There is nothing wrong with eating a bit more and eating back a part of your exercise calories. It will make you stronger and feeling good. Which in return will strengthen you will to do more exercise even. That is were the willpower of doing comes from...feeling good.
    The better you feel the more determent you get/become.

I have days that i eat more because i can feel my body needs it. So i eat Sometimes even close to my maintenance level. It didn't stop/sabotage my weight loss one bit. It only made me stronger.
    People sometimes ask or say. You work hard for it, it isn't easy to keep this up. To be honest...yes i work hard for it...but i dont find it hard at all. I am full of energy and power. My determination seems to be endless. I am not tired/fatigue/sluggy at all. But like i said when i need more i eat more. My only rule is as long as i dont eat surplus and gain weight, everything is allowed.
  • BrainiHabit
    BrainiHabit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is good you have set a goal to lose weight. You may want to consider that eating less calories per day will have an effect on your body.

In the first few week you will notice some discomfort from having to eat less calories because you body may have been used to more calories.

Also, you are also exercising so your body may also be getting used to having regular fitness. You will notice changes in your body and as you can already tell you may start feeling tired or fatigued. Make sure you are providing your body with the necessary recovery time.

It may also depend on the type of exercise you are currently doing. For example, is your exercise based on cardio, weights, or both? Make sure you are providing your body with sufficient calories. You can test whether increasing your calorie intake by 100 calories improves your fatigue.

• pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Also make sure you are drinking a lot of water ... if you moved to a warm part of CA from a cooler state, you may not realize how dehydrated you can get, especially with 2-3 workouts a week. And even if 1200 calories is enough (which it probably isn't), you could just bump it up temporarily (especially proteins & healthy fats) to get over this slump.
  • TiJoGa
    TiJoGa Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    If you're really concerned you could make an appointment to get your thyroid and iron levels checked. When those are off they can cause some serious fatigue.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    If you still want to drink coffee, switch to a non-sugar sweetener and use a nonfat creamer. I started buying nonfat creamer and it's quite nice, only about 20 calories a serving. Going off coffee and drastically reducing calories may be too radical of an adjustment to your body.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    lalainap19 wrote: »
    OK thanks for the advise and im trying to lose 34 pounds GW 127 pounds and I set 2 pounds a week.

The less you have to lose, the more slowly it comes off. That's just the way the human body works. Setting your goal too aggressively for your size won't get you to goal any more quickly. It usually leads to bingeing—and it may be causing your fatigue.

Set your goal to .5 lb. for every 25 lbs. you're overweight. And read the Sexypants post to understand how MFP works: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »
    If you still want to drink coffee, switch to a non-sugar sweetener and use a nonfat creamer. I started buying nonfat creamer and it's quite nice, only about 20 calories a serving. Going off coffee and drastically reducing calories may be too radical of an adjustment to your body.

coffee itself does not have a lot of calories. it's all the stuff you add to it.
    I drink mine black.
  • nasima100
    nasima100 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Are you iron deficient?
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Your body can function just fine on 1200 calories at your height and weight. (it eats the storage first) If you asked your doctor for weight loss advise that is probably the calorie goal he would set for you. Fatigue can be a lot of things from a nutrient deficiency to a sleep breathing problem, to depression, to an infection, to a thyroid issue, gallbladder issue. Go get blood work and know for sure where the issue is before you sabotage your diet for temporary relief.
  • bfriends4life
    bfriends4life Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't read all of your responses..so if I sound reperative I am sorry.... But I do know that protein in the morning will help increase your energy levels.. A shake high in protein will help.. Also increasing your calorie intake will also help thru out the day...when you work out your burning calories replace those with Healthy calories... Need motivation? Or any advise I am here... AL
  • DDEANG2015
    DDEANG2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had the same trouble and was told to eat a little sugar like 1/2 banana a day and it helped.
    I was on a almost zero sugar diet for perhaps 6 weeks when my BP dropped too low.
    Feel fine now and lost 28 pounds in about 3 months on the keto diet and feel great.

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    You might have set your calories a little too low. According to Scooby http://scoobysworkshop.com/calories-burned/ your RMR is 1488, which is what your body just needs to function. I did enter in an office job (mostly sedentary) into the settings, if your work is more active, you might need more.

If you're eating 1200 and exercising, that's less than 1488. Most likely not sustainable nor good for your health.
  • divvyh
    divvyh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to drink water. Dehydration can make you groggy.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Take the day off. Don't exercise. Plan your food out so you're eating to maintenance and rest. If you do exercise eat the calories. Sometimes all you need is a break.