Stuggle to get to 200 pounds

Options
I am struggling with my weight at 240, I don't feel comfortable with myself. My spiritual life is good but I want to lose the weight for health reasons. I do think it affects my dating life indirectly.

Replies

• francesgenao
    francesgenao Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    your weight should not affect your personal life. Take it day by day, meal by meal. I do so well during the week, the weekends are the toughest also being alone is not easy
  • tarahalern
    tarahalern Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's hard but stick with it! It's worth it! I do great during the week but the weekends are a real struggle.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I'm a believer in the mental/physical/spiritual balance and that deficiency in one will impact the others. If we are not comfortable with ourselves, then how can we expect others to be?

As for the struggle, stay positive and focus on your positive gains throughout this process. By that I mean don't focus on the scale, but on your endurance, strength, tone, composition, etc.

Simply make small changes and small achievable goals that will have dramatic impact over time - hit them and make new goals. Go into this with a long term mindset and you'll do great.

Welcome aboard!
  • tracie999
    tracie999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can do this, I have lost 50lbs with the support and help on here.
  • DeeJayShank
    DeeJayShank Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    your weight should not affect your personal life. Take it day by day, meal by meal. I do so well during the week, the weekends are the toughest also being alone is not easy

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculously bad advice. Your weight absolutely affects your personal life. It sends a message about who you are and what you about. Your weight and your appearance affect your confidence, which affects everything you do. If you are trying to date, it sends a signal to potential partners that you are not in control in your life, and that you choose the instant gratification of food over your own health and fitness. Yes... it does EXACTLY that.

Take it from someone who was overweight for nearly all of his life, lost 70 pounds, and kept it off for two years: Your weight definitely affects your personal life, and don't let people try to thin-shame you into thinking otherwise.

If it were true that your weight didn't affect your personal life, then why are there a bunch of depressed people on these forums trying to desperately to lose weight?

Sorry, this is just ridiculous advice and I had to say something.
  • skinnygirly23
    skinnygirly23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Your weight does affect your dating life and personal life. It is a harsh reality. If you aren't comfortable with your body and happy with yourself any relationship is going to suffer. We all have insecurities; but knowing you are less than your best affects all of our self esteem. I've been there in my life, over indulging in alcohol, bad food, or any bad habit can lead to negative self image. Just do your best each day and give yourself credit. See yourself change slowly (it is a process) and be proud of working toward your goal.
  • archambm
    archambm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    archambm wrote: »
    I am struggling with my weight at 240, I don't feel comfortable with myself. My spiritual life is good but I want to lose the weight for health reasons. I do think it affects my dating life indirectly.

• arthurjohnson1973
    arthurjohnson1973 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started tracking at 250, lost 9 lbs in three weeks. I have metabolic syndrome, so it's loose weight or die. My goal is 200 by the end of the year. I increased my grocery budget, buy fresh produce three times a week, and stopped drinking soda and Kool Aid. The only fast food is Subway and Jimmy Johns. Now I can only eat about 300 calories at a sitting.

I try to end my day with at least 500 calories left in my calorie budget on fitness pal. Got a fitbit set to 8000 steps, 3.7 miles, 15 min active every day for goals. I try to beat it by a lot when I can. It helps that I have a very young terrier who likes to walk alot!

Three weeks in and I haven't felt this good in years. Friend me, we can struggle together!