Eating ideas and meals 3000 k

Options
Hey guys so I really need some help me stats are I'm 110 pounds and 5 foot 9 I'm skinny so I'm trying to gain 30 pounds I know it will take time I'm looking for meals and home made shakes so I can reach 3000 calories easily threw the day in also doing this workout routine 4 days a week Push/ pull rest repeat pull I do legs on I'm taking gnc mass iv but I have been using for a year now and had a very littel to no success with it so I would like to stop using it so if you have any meals plans or ideas I will take them I also can't eat massive meals all at once a meal for me would be a chicken sand witch with 2 cookies I really need help thanks.

Replies

• chrsyk
    chrsyk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to gain weight so I was drinking four pints of milk along with my food and I have put on about half a kilo a week but I didn't think drinking all that milk was too healthy so I cut back but found an easier and probably healthier way . 200ml full fat milk. oats non fat 50 grams, 15 almonds, 2tbs of honey, one banana, 1tbs of peanut butter and a handful of spinach put almonds and oats in a grinder( I use nutribullet) grind to a powder add rest of ingredients blend and drink. It makes about just under a pint and tastes good and easy to drink not like some of those useless weight gainers. You will get about 730 calories from that one drink have that twice a day along with your food and you should get to 3000 calories without struggling. I am the same as you can't eat massive meals so this really helps for me. Hope this helps
  • deceived1
    deceived1 Posts: 281 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    GOMAD - Gallon of milk a day. Or... ice cream. Make some milkshakes maybe? Whole milk, ice cream, maybe throw in some whey protein.

Also: peanut butter. And nuts.
  • EzRemake
    EzRemake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    At your weight and height, 3000 calories a day is easily a 1000 caloric surplus, at minimum. If you do this, you will be gaining around 2lbs a week, so expect a lot of fat gain - especially if you aren't following a good weight routine.
  • austin12macdonald
    austin12macdonald Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My whight routine is not bad I do a push/pull split I do legs on the pull day if you have any other suggestions please tell me I don't mind putting on some fat becouse I'm skinny I'm 18 years old and if you have good high calorie meals post them thanks
  • EzRemake
    EzRemake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    2% milk with a peanut butter sandwich on grain bread can come out to almost 800 calories if you used 3-4 tablespoons of peanut butter, which is easy.

Coleslaw made with mayo is awesome, and is huge in calories for such a small amount.

Focus on the fattier cuts of meat, use medium ground beef. Having two pitas with medium ground beef and some cheese can easily come out 1000+ calories.

At 3000 calories, you can pretty much eat whatever you'd like. Just make sure to hit your macros and your calorie goal.

• kevinbruno222
    kevinbruno222 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Im also on a similar journey. Can someone explain macros a bit better ?
  • rgrz82
    rgrz82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com has a bunch of homemade weight gainer ideas. Just find one for your liking. Most are at least 1K calories, and you've probably got most the ingredients lying around.
  • 4thhorseman
    4thhorseman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in keeping things as SIMPLE as possible, unless you have some kind medical issue (s) manipulating your body weight is rather easy it just takes patience. For hard gainers meal replacement shakes are a pretty quick short cut to calories. Check out eBay and such sources and you can find great deals on cases of power shakes, 600-800 calories a pop easy. One of my favorite homemade shakes is 1 cup greek yogurt, 5 strawberries, 1 banana, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 scoop protein powder, handful of fresh kale, 1 tablespoon fish oil, 2 packets equal. That's about 330 calories roughly, you can easily boost the calories by adding high calorie meal replacement protein powder, and or dry oats. It's fairly easy to eat 550-600 calories a meal eating 6 times a day that's 2000-2400 calories a day, add a protein shake with each meal and WA-LA. If you try to gain to fast you'll put on nuisance fat I'd recommend adding about 100 calories a week until you start gaining then just watch your weight and raise your calories as necessary
  • gainthatmuscle
    gainthatmuscle Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    try this plan. modify it to your liking and budget. great bulking plan

http://www.themuscleprogram.com/meal-plans/5000-calorie-meal-plan/
  • ceorpr
    ceorpr Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey guys so I really need some help me stats are I'm 110 pounds and 5 foot 9 I'm skinny so I'm trying to gain 30 pounds I know it will take time I'm looking for meals and home made shakes so I can reach 3000 calories easily threw the day in also doing this workout routine 4 days a week Push/ pull rest repeat pull I do legs on I'm taking gnc mass iv but I have been using for a year now and had a very littel to no success with it so I would like to stop using it so if you have any meals plans or ideas I will take them I also can't eat massive meals all at once a meal for me would be a chicken sand witch with 2 cookies I really need help thanks.

Struggled with "bulking"all my life. Had a doctor tell me at less than 6% body fat I should eat a Big Mac and chocolate shake daily. That dumb advice lead to 20 lbs heavier but all fat. So, I resorted to accept a slow muscle growth with a higher % protein diet and "slowly" bulk. It's no fun being the "thinnest" guy at the gym or at Social functions. But likely accepting a higher protein diet longer term would be something to consider. Consult a doctor for a baseline so you don't under shoot macro nutrional needs. Try a protein drink made by Orgain called Organic Plant Protien. White plastic container with green letters. Good luck!
  • PneumaVision
    PneumaVision Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Go on YouTube and see what Alan Thrall eats... Alan Thrall's 10,000 calories diet ought to pull it up. Warning: you won't be hungry for a week. But Alan is a good guy and and very good instructor. Strong man type.
  • tbmtravis180
    tbmtravis180 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    3000 calories a day is nothing if you are very active, you probably burn 400-600 calories a day even before you work out, if your not gaining anything start eating 4000 - 5000 calories a day, lift heavy weights and dont go to the gym as much as you are now untill you put on some weight, i was at 140 and now im at 165, it only took me 2 months of what i just recommemed to gain 25lbs. oh ya amd eat until you are so stuffed you almost feel like your going to throw up, and when your not hungry eat something anyway. Dont go a single hour with out having something to eat. good luck
  • jrwac77
    jrwac77 Posts: 9 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    6'3" and right now hovering at 160lbs. Been working to gain clean weight for about 6 months now and I have been eating a steady diet of around 3,000 Calories a day. Pay very close attention to Calories, Protein, Fat, and Carbs, also make sure you are eating every 3 hours on average. I have a long commute for work so i try to make my meals portable for most.

What I do is I have MFP set to gain .5lbs a week and I am always above that. Don't jump in to high from the gate or you will be gaining nothing but Fat. I went from 1,500 / 1,800 cal to 3,000 cal when I jumped. Since I was so low my body was in dire need of the food. Here's my usual daily meals so you can see how much you will actually need to eat. What I am focused on is clean calories, not dirty. Anybody can gain weight by stuffing junk food in their mouths but it's all about eating the right stuff. Is this perfect, no, would a professional bodybuilder eat this, most likely not, but for me this works. I am currently working to up my intake 500 Calories or so as i'm not gaining weight but muscle so want to feed it more.

Also to add, I workout 7 days a week, about 75 min per workout.

Monday / Thursday - Chest / Arms
    Tuesday / Friday - Legs / Core
    Wednesday / Saturday - Back / Shoulders
    Sunday - Cardio / Core (Sometimes minor active rest)

Breakfast - 475 cal, 52 carbs, 20 fat, 28 protein

Spices - Cinnamon, ground, 1 tbsp
    spring valley - ultra daily vitamins, 1 packet
    Great Value - 1 % Milk, 1 cup
    Sun-maid Raisins - Mini-snacks, 1 box
    Apples - Apple Slices, 0.5 pack (34g)
    Healthy Life - Low Sodium - 100% Whole Wheat English Muffins, 1 muffin
    Great Value - 100% Egg Whites, 12 Tbsp (4eggs)
    Oats - Quick Oats, 3/4 cup(40g)

Mid-Morning - 265 cal, 42 carb, 2 fat, 25 protein

Great Value - Nonfat Greek Yougart, 1 cup
    Kelloggs - Low Fat Granola, 1/4 cup
    Dole - Ready-Cut Fruit Sliced Strawberries, 0.5 cup (140 grams)
    Banana - Peeled, 1 oz

Lunch - 689 cal, 80 carb, 29 fat, 38 protein

Marketside - Sugar Snap Peas Raw, 0.25 cup
    Great Value - Deli Sliced Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken Breast, 4 slices
    Jif - to Go Crunch Peanut Butter, 1.5 oz cup
    Church Brothers Celery - Celery, 2 large stalk 64g
    Orange - Orange - Large, 1 orange (340 grams)
    Marketside Ics - Broccoli Florets/ Microwave In Bag, 0.5 cups (85g)
    Sara Lee - 100% Whole Wheat With Honey Flavor - 45 Calories & Delightful, 2 slices (45g)
    Vegetable - Green Leaf Lettuce, 1 cup
    Snapple - Diet Peach Iced Tea, 12 fl oz
    Veggie - Baby Carrots, 4 oz.
    Marketside - Sugar Snap Peas Raw, 0.25 cup
    Cheese Sargento - Baby Swiss Cheese, 1 slice
    Raw Veggies - Green Bell Pepper, Sliced, 1/2 cup

Afternoon - 455 cal, 53 carb, 24 fat, 12 protein

Great Value - Almonds Raw, 1 oz
    Archer Farms - Simply Trail Trail Mix, 0.25 cup (36g)
    Assorted Dried Fruit - Mango, Apricot, Cherries, etc...

Dinner (Right before workout) - 571 cal, 74 carb, 8 fat, 28 protein

Great Value - 1 % Milk, 1 cup
    Kraft - Free Zesty Italian (Fat Free Dressing), 2 Tbsp
    Dole - Power Up Greens (spring mix & greens), 0.33 container (6.00 oz. (3 cups))
    Great Value - Chicken Breast, Skinless, 8 oz
    Knorr - Pasta Sides-alfredo, 1.33 cup cooked

Evening (Post Workout) - 335 cal, 27 carb, 3 fat, 48 protein

Del Monte No Sugar Added - Sliced Pears, 1/2 cup (121g)
    Deans - Lowfat Cottage Cheese 1% Milkfat Small Curd, 3/4 cup
    Six Star Pro Nutrition - Professional Strength Elite Series-100% Whey Protein Plus Powder - Vanilla Cream, 1 heaping scoop (49 grams)