Alcohol question

Options
TripMom
TripMom Posts: 102 Member
i know, no alcohol would be best for my weight loss....however, my husband and I are having a date night and I would really like to have one or two drinks on our date.
My question is what to drink? What has the least calories?
Thanks in advance
TripMom

Replies

• sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet tonic with a lime
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    No alcohol may be best, but not always possible. I love beer, so I tend to just drink light beer, but I also like whiskey with diet coke or diet dr. pepper (most hard liquors aren't bad if your mixer doesn't have calories!)
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I would like an answer to this also! I like beer....but it has like 145 calories per bottle :/ I tried the 55 calorie beer and its crap! Besides u have to drink 3 of them for the same alcohol content. But when I go.out (which im sure we will be this weekend) what is the best mixed drink to have??
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    in Canada - I drink Molson 67 - 3% alcohol = 67 calories....

for the US, here is a top 10 low cal beer list: http://www.gkmen.com/2010/02/09/top-10-low-calorie-beer-options090210/
    (the Beck's is the best in my opinion)

also - gin and soda water or vodka/soda (perrier, etc) with a lemon wedge.... (anything with soda water is ok, since you only get the alcohol calories....)

or white whine ...usually around 90 - 120 calories for a glass....
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I think all hard liquors have about 70 calories per shot (not including flavored stuff or whatever)

so any hard liquor and a diet soda should be fine

or a juice, as long as they're using real juice and not mix =]
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If the date night goes well, you'll be burning those calories off anyway. :wink:

Enjoy yourself.
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If the date night goes well, you'll be burning those calories off anyway. :wink:

Enjoy yourself.

Haha, that is a great way to look at it!
  • makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    vodka and diet coke
    rum and diet coke
    you know, the mixtures . hahaa , just keep the alchohol shots to a minimum one shot is like a good 80 calories
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    dont do diet coke... although it has no calories, the sodium, caffeine, etc bloat you even more, create even more water weight, and help u gain...

The best would be a straight shot, i love tequila shots. Alcohol is about 70-80calories a shot.

Vodka Cranberry, Whiskey Cran, Screw drivers, etc r good (I like 1shot cran with 1 shot whiskey for a really stiff drink for the lowest calories).--higher calories but the best for you.

Drink extra water because the alcohol really dehydrates your system.

Budweiser 55, MGD 64 r good beer choices... Or a light beer (12oz) is 100calories. Regular beers are 150-170 a beer (for 12oz).

Dont get anything with a sguar based liqueor in it--like triple sec, frangelico, blue curacao, peach schnapps, etc.
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    How about a glass of wine... you can consider it a carb. Don't go with the mixed drinks they are full of sugar...Enjoy then drink lots of water to flush it out.
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    i drink EVERY weekend. ive lost 23lbs since feb and 60 a year and a half ago...... drinking every weekend. not saying you should but im just sharing my experience w/ alcohol and dieting. have fun:bigsmile:
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    as anna said....straight shots.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Drink what you want once a week and be sensible the rest of the week. Key- everything in moderation
  • Nstanners
    Nstanners Posts: 6
    Options
    peach shnapps and diet lemonade!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    ive went out drinking probably about 10-15x since i started here on March 6th; and ive lost 34pounds in 80 days.. Most times I have one to two drinks. Rarely Ill have 3. And One time, st. pattys day, I drank 10 drinks.. I gained the next day after that one and sent my body into a plateu where i didnt loose for 2weeks....

Also, your body processes food differently when drinking... Your metabolism goes down roughly 50% after 2 drinks, and after just 3 or 4, your down to not burning anything u eat off at all... So def drink in moderation... I try not to eat at all while drinking, even just 1 or 2 drinks, ill make sure its after dinner usually. if i can help it..
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Drink what you like. Calories are not an issue since your liver will burn the alcohol off first. Enjoy your date with the hubby. One day off the wagon here and there is not going to hurt you. Fun relieves stress, stress stores fat. So don't stress, imbibe, and have a great time with your man.
  • stefanwolf
    stefanwolf Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The best way to go is with a lower sugar alcohol like vodka or tequila. Diet soda's are good to avoid for obvious reasons, so mix with soda water and lemon or lime. Hope that helps:-)
  • stephp619
    stephp619 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hard liquor or wine spritzer.
  • aswearingen
    aswearingen Posts: 19
    Options
    Vodka water...but before you go, run to the grocery store and go to the juice isle and buy a MIO...it doesnt hardly have any calories. Plus it will fit right into your purse. Add as much flavor as you want.
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    Flavoured Vodka with soda water.. about as low in cals as you can get!