Replies

• carlabillie1
    carlabillie1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    4ugo2e571efw.jpg
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    What a great hourglass shape, were I you I'd accentuate the hourglass with clothes. Think: Marilyn Monroe, not Twiggy.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    8 stone 13 to 9 stone is one pound difference... And you're better off using the same pose for your before and after pictures, for comparison.
  • carlabillie1
    Options
    It's my hips that are more of a problem and are stopping me from buttoning my jean shorts! Iv been doing hip workouts to help tone etc been doing 20 squats, 20 side leg raises each leg, 20 leg crunches laying on my back, 20 back lifts with legs apart on the floor and a 1 minute plank each evening and thrown in a few extra random toning exercises
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    It's my hips that are more of a problem and are stopping me from buttoning my jean shorts! Iv been doing hip workouts to help tone etc been doing 20 squats, 20 side leg raises each leg, 20 leg crunches laying on my back, 20 back lifts with legs apart on the floor and a 1 minute plank each evening and thrown in a few extra random toning exercises

Can't spot reduce.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    What a great hourglass shape, were I you I'd accentuate the hourglass with clothes. Think: Marilyn Monroe, not Twiggy.

Ditto!

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,861 Member
    Options
    New plan eat 1200 worth of calories and half of what I have burned off on bike! Ditch the waste trainer and raspberry ketones! Oh and buy some new shorts! ☺️

And enjoy your vacation.

And try to make sure (as a secondary target) that you are eating about 0.35g of fat per lb of bodyweight, and as close to 0.8lg of protein per lb of bodyweight as you can comfortably get, assuming you don't have any kidney problems (doing so helps you maintain lean mass, as does a progressive lifting program and/or similar type exercises)

And do remember that if you do not weigh your food in grams there is a good likelihood that you will be off in your estimate of what you're eating.

And, based on the pics, I see no reason why you wouldn't get some new shorts and enjoy them anyway, even for a short period of time!
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm usually an 8-10 but the shorts I have from primark which don't fit are a 12 there Jean material! I will post a picture of when I first started my weight loss journey and the progress 2 days into it with a loss of 2 pounds

The thing is, those Primark Shorts are probably not a proper UK 12.
    I have clothes with the labels saying anything from a UK 6 to a 14!
    You just can't go by label sizes anymore.
    Why not try doing some resistance/weight training OP, [i'm gonna say the T word] to "Tone up".
    And buy some different Shorts! ;)
  • carlabillie1
    Options
    I'm blaming the washing machine on shrinking them! Might have to put my self in the washing machines I'm on a mission to tone up! Trying to do 30 mins an evening on my bike and 30 minutes worth of toning up! I just feel like a blabbing bloated mess all the time!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Yeh most my calorie intake is correct as I use the scanner for things like a tin of tuna Eggs etc.. But that's what I'm doing I'm taking in 1200 calories and burning 200-400 on my bike! So why is everyone having a go saying I will make my self I'll?

OH I get what you are thinking... bmr and tdee.
    you think if you eat 1000 you need to burn 1500.
    but your body HAS to have 1200 just to breathe, talk, walk, etc.. LIVE. (bmr)

• divvyh
    divvyh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    Just go on your holiday and enjoy it. You're not going to lose any significant weight in only one week. Buy a pair of shorts that fit.

Yep.

• carlabillie1
    Options
    Divvyh iv already been trying to lose weight I'm on my 11th day of my diet I don't go on holiday until the 14th surely I can lose some weight within the space of 18days!
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Divvyh iv already been trying to lose weight I'm on my 11th day of my diet I don't go on holiday until the 14th surely I can lose some weight within the space of 18days!

You can. It's probably going to be mostly water, a little bit of lean body mass, and a tiny bit of body fat. So yes, the scale's going to go down, but you're not going to loss a whole lot of fat.