tips for toning fast please

Options
right I do cardio nearly every day (except weekends) but I really need some thing to tighten the skin on my tummy (have 2 kids) and tone up along the side of my hips just want to feel tighter and firmer. thanks, (must be something I can do at home as have no time for the gym)

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    for one thing, "toning" is simply a matter of having muscle and a low enough BF% to present that muscle. to have muscle you must work the muscle...i.e. you need to do some kind of resistance training...without access to a gym, some kind of body weight training would be best. beyond that, having a tight fitness body isn't fast...a fitness body is derived over months and years of living a fitness lifestyle.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Having kids changes your body. sometimes permanently. If it is truly loose skin, I'm afraid there will be no toning it, it will snap back or not depending on your genetics. You can continue to lose weight and build muscle to help the appearance, but as already mentioned there's no fast way to it. I'd look into some total body dvds you can do at home like 30 day shred, insanity, the firm - I personally like brazil butt lift. check out youtube for free workouts from the bodyrock or fitness blender channels.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as "toning". You can only build muscle and lose fat to appear more defined. Also there is no way to "spot tighten" or tighten skin. That will have to happen naturally and may not depending on skin elasticity. You have to lose overall bodyfat get the look you are wanting. Lastly, none of this stuff happens fast. I'm sorry.

Now with that out of the way. You should focus, even at home, on more resistance type exercises. Body weight stuff is good, but add weight where ever you can. Squats, lunges, push-ups, planks, bicep curls, triceps kickbacks and pull-ups.
    Your nightly cardio, while great for your heart, is burning off muscle as well as fat keeping you feeling "soft". Resistance training will build muscle which firms everything.
  • claypilk
    claypilk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating enough protein and good fats (olive oil, nuts, avocados) and limit carbs to less than 50% of daiEat plenty of fruits and veggies, no or minimum processed sugars (sodas, candy, sweets) as these typically are stored as fat. Work your core with total body exercises such as planks, body weight squats, mountain climbers. Diet, exercise and getting enough sleep will give you results. Stay positive! Goodluck
  • michellenewton1502
    michellenewton1502 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    right its not really loose skin at all and no stretch marks but its just not tight you see , I just don't know what exercise would be best to tone , im uk size 10 bottom and 8 top .
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Best would be eating at a deficit. Can you post your stats?