Tired of losing the same weight over again!

Options
I fell of the wagon....again. I was doing great working out and logging my food. My family was also logging. They slowly started dropping off and then I got slack and bit by bit started gaining back a pound at a time. I only had 8 lbs to go! But now I am back to 13 lbs to go. I know it doesn't sound bad to some but this is a pattern. I cant seem to stick with it for the long haul!
Summer is here and most of my weight is at my waist. I worked out today and so far have been eating really good! (chips/cheezies are my downfall... and with summer.. beer).
Need some pointers and motivation to keep me going. I'm hoping if I can keep going and reach my goal I can inspire the rest of my fat pal family to get back on track.

Replies

• plumppork
    plumppork Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    and also I could use some positive friends as mine are no longer doing the program. THANKS!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Ultimately, it comes down to your choices and decisions. When you are middle-aged as we are (I looked at your profile page) not taking care of your present health and body invariably means your future self will suffer. My goal is to maintain my health and independence throughout my life and not burden my child with taking care of me when I'm old because I failed to take care of myself.

I really like this blog post:

http://www.vicmagary.com/blog/fitness-motivation/

Best Wishes!

9566339.png
  • DeCrette15
    DeCrette15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm recommitting to discipline I guess you could say. I can't count the number of times I've gone up and down in the same 20 lb range over the last 25 years. The irony is I eat more healthfully and am more active than ever. Is it just age? I'm cutting out drinking this month too. Giving my body a much needed break. Start MFP and bought a FitBit. Upping my weight lifting. All I can surmise is I eat too much. Which sucks because I enjoy food!
  • plumppork
    Options
    DeCrette15 wrote: »
    Me too! I'm recommitting to discipline I guess you could say. I can't count the number of times I've gone up and down in the same 20 lb range over the last 25 years. The irony is I eat more healthfully and am more active than ever. Is it just age? I'm cutting out drinking this month too. Giving my body a much needed break. Start MFP and bought a FitBit. Upping my weight lifting. All I can surmise is I eat too much. Which sucks because I enjoy food!

• plumppork
    Options
    I think with age I gain it back way quicker if I don't watch what I eat. Stick with it DeCrette! we can do it. I am going to have no excuses! And if that doesn't work I might have to go to bed a little earlier so I don't venture to the panty! haha! My motto to myself this week is "work out early" " Don't buy bad food at the store because if it is in my house I will eat it!"
  • poorbikrchick
    poorbikrchick Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Is your diet too restrictive? Do you eat the same things over and over again? Maybe you get bored....? Just some things to think about.
  • nat_meister
    nat_meister Posts: 27 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've yoyo'd all my teenage years and now into my twenties. It's a terrible pattern, but one that a lot of us fall into. Themedalist's post really resonated with me. We need to take care of ourselves now for our future selves and our families.

We have to make it a lifestyle change, not just a crash diet. I've learned that I have to stop looking for a certain number on the scale and just focus on it "bigger picture".

And we definitely need a support system in place.

Best of luck! :)
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I lose, then gain, then lose... i know the feeling.. i know what the problem is i just need to learn willpower and become more disciplined... good luck on your journey.. feel free to add me
  • plumppork
    Options
    Is your diet too restrictive? Do you eat the same things over and over again? Maybe you get bored....? Just some things to think about.

I think you could be right in the food category. Working out I would like to say I get bored but I think I just get lazy! I working on it.