10 lbs down but don't see it

Options
Today i stepped on the scale and was finally at my small goal of 10 lbs. My goal is to lose 30 altogether. I'm only 4' 11" so i expected to see some big changes. Physically I've lost about an inch around my waist and 3 inches around my belly but i don't see the difference even in side my side pictures. I'm just feeling a little discouraged

Replies

• 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. Just gauge your weight loss by the way your clothes fit. :wink:
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You've lost at least four inches! That is excellent! Do you have any fitness or exercise goals that are not focused on weight loss/appearance, because having a second thing to focus on might help you not feel so discouraged along the way.
  • BumbleBreeBuzz
    BumbleBreeBuzz Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You've lost at least four inches! That is excellent! Do you have any fitness or exercise goals that are not focused on weight loss/appearance, because having a second thing to focus on might help you not feel so discouraged along the way.

I overall just want to be fit and healthy. I guess in my mind i just thought I'd feel better 10 lbs lighter but I don't yet.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I didn't start to "feel better" or "lighter" until I hit 1/2-way to goal. Give it another 5-7 lbs and see how you feel then. (This is why before/after pix are so important, btw, motivation keep going.)
  • wackyncrazy1
    wackyncrazy1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i understand I'm down 36 pounds and can't see it. I was thinking i was looking fatter but just keep at it one day we will see it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    People's perceptions of themselves are often skewed.
  • crzycylr
    crzycylr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My quote that I lived by last week was..............skinny girls look good in clothes, fit girls look good naked:) Don't let the fact that you haven't noticed much discourage you. Who knows??? You might loose two or three more pounds and your pants will fit different, Just keep going, it will all be worth it in the end.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel. I've lost almost 20 lbs and don't see a big difference. However, I did take BEFORE pictures- I showed the collage of then & now to my family and they see the difference that I don't. Keep at it.
  • britnicole5
    britnicole5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    crzycylr wrote: »
    My quote that I lived by last week was..............skinny girls look good in clothes, fit girls look good naked:)

I love this! :smiley:
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Patience.