Water retention Help !

Options
Every since I started eating less and healthier. Going to the gym an hour a day 5 times a week I've seem to retain ALOT of water . I want to weigh myself and get an actual weigh in but I feel really bloated and the numbers on the scale are actually increasing !

Can someone please help me !

Replies

• mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    yes,take a diuretic.
  • StephanieOugh2014
    StephanieOugh2014 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds crazy but the only way to reduce your water retention is by drinking more water you should be drinking at least 2 L of water a day
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Ya, drink more water. Also check out this article about water retention and PMS: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/womens-health/in-depth/water-retention/art-20044983?pg=1
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    mwebster11 wrote: »
    yes,take a diuretic.

I assume you mean under the careful supervision of an MD, so as not to get dehydrated and cause harm, right?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    mwebster11 wrote: »
    yes,take a diuretic.
    Unless a doctor has advised one to do so, this is a very bad idea.

OP, do you watch your salt? If you take in too much sodium, your body adds water to fight it off. If you lower the sodium, you may lower the water weight and feel less bloated.

Do you drink water instead of diet pop? Water did me a world of good as far as how I felt.
  • LMBelladonna
    LMBelladonna Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have this problem, too. The best (repeated) advice I have been given is to drink more water. I keep a Nalgene bottle on hand and drink 4 bottles (32 oz) per day. If I feel dehydrated, I drink a fifth bottle. It has helped to keep the retention down!
  • dorador
    dorador Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone I guess I'll keep drinking more water !
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    dorador wrote: »
    Thank you everyone I guess I'll keep drinking more water !

^^^ Best thing to do. :) Seems counter intuitive, but it really works.
  • Kandersonparker
    Kandersonparker Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! My feet and ankles have been swelling bad lately. I've reduced my sodium and increased my exercise and it hasn't helped. I'll try increasing my water now. Thanks!