For anyone afraid to put on a swimming suit

Options
earlnabby
earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
I was at my pool swimming my laps when a gentleman got out of the warm water therapy pool in the same section of the fitness center, He had been walking in shoulder high water. He had a hard time walking on the pool deck because he was (by my uneducated guess) somewhere close to 500 lb. More power to him! I hope he keeps coming. He put himself in a swimsuit at his size and came to the pool to exercise. I am so happy to see anyone do something good for themselves.

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Awesome :)
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Good for him! He's braver than me; I still haven't worked up the courage to put on a bathing suit.
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That is awesome......

It is so sad that many hide away because of shame or worrying about the perceptions/judgments of others....I know I was one of them.

The day I threw away those worries and had a "I don't give a *kitten*" what others think.....I'm sick of being this big and I want to get out, get some exercise and enjoy the day was so liberating. Yeah there were stares, no nasty comments though - or at least none that I heard....headphones are great for this.

You are such a lovely person to have the good thoughts not the disparaging ones - More power to people such as yourself. <3
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I bet if you told him that next time you saw him, it would really give him a boost to keep at it :)
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    hac125 wrote: »
    Good for him! He's braver than me; I still haven't worked up the courage to put on a bathing suit.

Me either LOL I don't expect to any time soon either.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    That is awesome......

It is so sad that many hide away because of shame or worrying about the perceptions/judgments of others....I know I was one of them.

The day I threw away those worries and had a "I don't give a *kitten*" what others think.....I'm sick of being this big and I want to get out, get some exercise and enjoy the day was so liberating. Yeah there were stares, no nasty comments though - or at least none that I heard....headphones are great for this.

You are such a lovely person to have the good thoughts not the disparaging ones - More power to people such as yourself. <3

I've been there. Not that large but 150 lb. to lose (113 of them gone so far). The hardest thing I had to do was squish my fat into a swimming suit to start a water aerobics class, which was the only workout I could do when I started out. After the first class, I no longer cared.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I think we all have to realize that very few people are happy with how they look in a swimsuit and just accept ourselves and each other for who we are. The few, the brave, and those who don't give a crap what others think!
  • LarissaBienMiller
    LarissaBienMiller Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above... ^^^. All people worry about what they look like and I don't think anyone really looks at you like you think they do. Get the suit on and go. Don't you dare miss the beach with your kids or sunning with your friends because you are afraid of what you look like.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Good for him.

I thought that story was going to end with a guy getting out of the pool and losing his suit, so we should be glad to have one on, lol.

I cover my thighs with swim shorts. Nobody needs to see them. I don't even want to see them, lol. :)
  • BitterSweetWinter
    BitterSweetWinter Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How to get a swim suit body.

1: Find a swim suit that's comfortable and a color/ pattern you like.

2: Put it on your body.

Now you have a swim suit body.
  • twofastdogs
    twofastdogs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of respect for people who are overweight and are at the pool for classes or working out in the gym. Who cares how you look while you're working out? I think that they deserve kudos for their efforts to be healthy.