makeup remover

Options
MissingMinnesota
MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
Does anyone know a good makeup remover? I pretty much only wear water proof mascara and lip gloss but would like to remove the mascara before working out and the neutrogena makeup remover towelettes I am currently using just can not get all the mascara off. It actually makes it worse so after I use it and then go out and sweat and turn into a raccoon. Lately I just haven't been removing I hate being the girl at the gym with makeup on.

Replies

• vanb0052
    vanb0052 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I haven't found one I like yet....I just got an almay one and it's really oily. But, I feel I need to use it up before I go buy something new.
  • joannbuist23
    joannbuist23 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Mary K is what I use and it works just fine.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    It's made by DHC, and it is deep cleansing oil makeup remover.

You put it on dry (no added water, I mean) and then rinse it away after it loosens up the makeup in just a few seconds. Everything comes off soft and smooth and your skin isn't all tight and dried out.

It's DIVINE!

Also, their "white sunscreen" is the best thing ever!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=300

And, it lasts forever. I have been using DHC for like 4 years now, and I'm only on my second bottle of this stuff, and I wear makeup almost every day.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i admit i'm a huge fan of many high-end makeup brands, but i've used good 'ol pond's cold cream to remove my eye makeup since i was in high school. i think it's part of the reason that the skin under my eyes looks so good at 37 (i still get carded!!!). it would be a bit heavy for face i think (i'm pretty sure i would break out if i used it all over) but so good for the eyes.

hmmm, maybe i should rub some on my belly and thighs, see if it helps those trouble spots ;)
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Sephora makes a great waterproof eye make up remover.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    i admit i'm a huge fan of many high-end makeup brands, but i've used good 'ol pond's cold cream to remove my eye makeup since i was in high school. i think it's part of the reason that the skin under my eyes looks so good at 37 (i still get carded!!!). it would be a bit heavy for face i think (i'm pretty sure i would break out if i used it all over) but so good for the eyes.

hmmm, maybe i should rub some on my belly and thighs, see if it helps those trouble spots ;)

My gram swore by Ponds and she looked amazing up till the day she passed.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Is the DHC available in the us? Looks like UK or Canada.

Hehe okay ponds reminds me of when I was a clown as a kid and had to use ponds to remove the clown makeup.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    NotAllWhoWanderAreLost Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    i swear by the Jason Super-c cleanser... its all-natural. I use the face lotion as well.... the stuff is wonderful and NATURAL :heart:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    To remove eye make-up I use vasoline. I use water proof mascara and it take it off just fine. I really only wear eye make-up, but if I am wearing foundation or rogue I just wash it off with soup and water.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Department store I like MAC makeup remover wipes
    Drug Store I like neutrogena wipes
    flat broke I use vaseline
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Is the DHC available in the us? Looks like UK or Canada.

Hehe okay ponds reminds me of when I was a clown as a kid and had to use ponds to remove the clown makeup.

I buy directly from their website, and also from Ebay. They have a catalog too, and they always send free samples :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    To remove eye make-up I use vasoline. I use water proof mascara and it take it off just fine. I really only wear eye make-up, but if I am wearing foundation or rogue I just wash it off with soup and water.

then how do you get the vaseline off? It's so thick and greasy...
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I use Mary Kay and it works great!
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Baby wipes. They take EVERYTHING off even waterproof mascara.
  • LuluGirl140
    LuluGirl140 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I love my Avon makeup remover! It's a cream, not oily at all, and leaves my face feeling great! I don't wear waterproof mascara though so I'm not sure how it would do with that. You can find it as cheap as .99!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Baby wipes. They take EVERYTHING off even waterproof mascara.

but then your face smells like baby butt :sick: :laugh:
  • Sadie98072
    Sadie98072 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I only buy the fragrance free ones because Im allergic to fragrances.
    I should have clarified sorry. Use the baby wipes then rinse your face with water and moisturise as normal - voila!! No baby bum smell :wink:
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I only buy the fragrance free ones because Im allergic to fragrances.
    I should have clarified sorry. Use the baby wipes then rinse your face with water and moisturise as normal - voila!! No baby bum smell :wink:

Hahah but I actually like the smell of baby powder. :happy:
  • chini2
    chini2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I was recently introduced to Arbolene makeup remover; and OMG, I love it. I can't go with out my 12hr eyeliner, but at night, it wouldn't wash off completly. With Arbolene it comes right off and leaves my skin looking radiant and soft. It is sold at Walmart and pharmacies.