Gluten Free

Options
I recently got diagnosed as a celiac and it's been a struggle since childhood but now that I know the cause of my weight gain and illnesses I'm here to shed pounds

Replies

• andrcollrvt
    andrcollrvt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
    I too am celiac and have been diagnosed for about 16 years now.
  • BettieDiane
    BettieDiane Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I always had issues as a kid which was falsely diagnosed as lactose intolerance, grease intolerance and IBS. But 20 years later I have my answer. It's my 4th day gluten free and it is so hard to do especially in a house of unrestricted people. How did you cope in the beginning?
  • BettieDiane
    Options
    And also thank you for the welcome :)
  • SemiCharmedLife95
    SemiCharmedLife95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do not have celiac disease, but I do have digestive issues from years of an eating disorder that are aggravated by processed wheat, among other things. Because of that I eat gluten free, and while it is hard at first (I started this about a few months ago) you do eventually adjust. The best advice I can give would be to look for carbs you CAN eat, and make sure you're stocked up on those so that you aren't starving your brain for carbohydrates. Potatoes, anything rice or corn based (as long as there is no gluten added in processing), and quinoa are my go to alternatives. As long as you are getting complex carbs from other sources, your body should be satisfied and cravings for the things others are eating will ease up a lot.
  • BettieDiane
    Options
    Thanks a lot! This helps out, I'm slowly adjusting I'm just hungry all the time now lol I never knew how filling the things I ate before were until now that I can't have them. My local grocery store had a few gluten free items 75% off which makes me wonder what's wrong with them lol but I don't really mind because it so hard to come by products that don't cost an arm and a leg. I just hope nothing bad was wrong with them, they have been known to be shady with their products....