Did it take some getting use to seeing you look different?

Options
2»

Replies

• webs_21
    webs_21 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It's does because you want to keep going. I train 5/6 days a week for 2 hours a day. When I started I couldn't run on the treadmill for more then 2/3 minutes with out being sick now I can run for n hour. But u do get to a point where you "hit a wall" that then becomes another battle to over come. However it's a great feeling when people say wow you look amazing or omg you look so different.
    You can do it!!!!
  • tiffanyslimdown
    tiffanyslimdown Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    :)o:):)
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Not used to it still! I still think I'm on the chubbier side, only time I notice it is when trying on my clothes that are so big on me, or when I try on a cloth from someone else that I thought I was about the same size with! And in pictures if there are other people next to me.. :D It's quite obvious. But yeah, still feeling like a chub sometimes.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    After some weight loss we being to look different. Slimmer face, neck line, breast maybe. Clothes fitting different. Wondering if we still "look good" or not.
    How did you get use to the new you?
    Were you self conscious all over again?
    Did others say "please don't lose anymore weight?
    How are you feeling within?

I've still a ways to go, but losing 82 pounds has me looking quite a bit different. The things I notice most are bones, lol. I see my wrists and shoulders now. Also, no double chin. Heck, even my feet look smaller. I try to really focus on the positive when I see my reflection now- rather than looking straight at the very loose skin on my upper arms or the bulge of my lower abdomen.

One big thing I've noticed is how I take up less space now- like my hips don't hang over the chair sides, and I can walk through narrower places without having to turn sideways. Oh, and being able to cross my legs! It's taken me awhile to get used to the smaller me.
    I love wearing shirts now that aren't big and loose-because I now have an actual waistline.
    No one has said "don't lose anymore weight" yet, because I'm still overweight-just not nearly as much.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,841 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm looking more like ... me. More like how I look to myself.

A little bit hard to explain but when I gained some weight, the image I saw in the mirror was how I used to look. I didn't see myself as heavier. So I struggled for a long time with what the big deal was. To me, I looked the same as I always have.

But now, I actually look like ... well ... me, how I have always envisioned myself.

Confused yet? :smiley:

The first time I did this little exercise ... Size Wise - Know Your Body Shape ... I was the only one in the group of people who did it who guessed I was a whole lot lighter than I actually was. Everyone else guessed they were heavier.

The most recent time I did it, I guessed correctly. :)

http://www.marisota.co.uk/shop/freeformat/page.action?pageId=7758

For those of you who are having trouble "seeing" yourself ... try it. :)
  • laurainottawa
    laurainottawa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

A little bit hard to explain but when I gained some weight, the image I saw in the mirror was how I used to look. I didn't see myself as heavier. So I struggled for a long time with what the big deal was. To me, I looked the same as I always have.

But now, I actually look like ... well ... me, how I have always envisioned myself.

I feel the same way. When I look in the mirror, I don't see obese me, I'm not skinny, but I don't see how big I really am. But I see it in pictures!

I can't wait to actually be the size I see, then keep going to reach my healthy weight.
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Confused yet? :smiley:

The first time I did this little exercise ... Size Wise - Know Your Body Shape ... I was the only one in the group of people who did it who guessed I was a whole lot lighter than I actually was. Everyone else guessed they were heavier.

The most recent time I did it, I guessed correctly. :)

http://www.marisota.co.uk/shop/freeformat/page.action?pageId=7758

For those of you who are having trouble "seeing" yourself ... try it. :)

Interesting. I thought I was overestimating my size . . . and I was, according to that site, by 10%.
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    1.5 years into maintenance after losing 80lbs...and yes...I still look in the mirror and see a fat guy from time to time.

I can totally identify with this. I went from a size 20 to a size 5 a couple years ago. I didn't even recognize myself. One time I was out running & some guy in a car started whistling at me. I went home & cried my eyes out because I thought he was making fun of me for trying to run. I was humiliated. My husband started laughing when I told him & assured me that guys usually whistle at women as a compliment. Haha

I still, & probably always will, see the chubby girl in the mirror. I'm ok with that. Keeps me on my toes. : )