A Typical Day in your Diet

Options
Hi All,

Would any of you mind posting what a typical day in your diet looks like if you are eating in the range of 1200-1500 calories per day? I'm trying to get some meal ideas, and breakdown of what a day looks like for people, i.e., breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks. I would appreciate any help!

Thanks!! :)

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 1 egg, 2 pcs of toast, 1-2 sausage patties
    Lunch: Either a burrito bowl of some kind, grilled chicken and some kind of veggie, Tortilla pizza
    Dinner: I have over 30 recipes for dinner so it changes all the time
    Snack: grapes, apples, Ice cream sandwiches. My cals are between 1200-1370.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Today:

Breakfast: Creamy Honey Oatmeal (136)

Lunch: Homemade turkey, red lentil and veg curry (298)

Dinner: Oven baked southern "fried" chicken (350) with mashed potato (110), cauliflower, broccoli and beans (100ish)

Snacks: Cup of tea with milk and sugar (49), a Tom Yum instant soup (98) and a Snickers ice cream bar (180). Brings me in at about 1290 for the day
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Today:

Breakfast: protein pancakes (303) and 1 cup of nonfat milk (86) in my 3 cups of morning coffee

Lunch: large spinach salad with red bell pepper, a Dr. Praeger burger veggie burger (cooked), 15 grams of slivered almonds and 2 Tbsp. of Trader Joe's light champagne vinaigrette dressing, together with a large peach (368 calories)

Snacks: Quest bar (170), piece of plain pita bread (130)

Dinner: homemade chicken fajitas with low-carb/low calorie tortillas and steamed fresh green beans (417)

I also burned about 375 calories working out
  • ibnfaqir
    ibnfaqir Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Post workout: Protein shake
    Brunch: 5 eggs/tuna with spinach/EVOO
    Dinner: cooked chicken or 4 eggs/tuna with spinach/EVOO
    Snacks: Almonds/Protein shake

Refeed Day: eat whatever.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Breakfast: None
    Lunch: Broccoli Soup
    Supper: Some sort of chicken or pork recipe, salad, breadsticks
    Evening Snack: Salad, yogurt with frozen raspberries, chocolate (yes, all 3 in one evening)

Lunch and my protein for supper get switched around to different things. The rest generally stays fairly consistent.
    Cals between 1450-1500
    (I actually average 1700 cals a day. but I eat less during the week so I can eat more on the weekend and still be under my weekly cals)
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yuban - Coffee, 18 oz. 6
    Bananas - Raw, 110.0 g 98
    Cheerios - Cheerios, 23 gram 82
    Silk - Almond Milk - Original - Unsweetened, 0.5 cup 15
    Add Food Quick Tools 201

s0ooxt3dr9if.jpg

Suppl./Zero *kitten* Etc.
    Equate - Adults 50+ Complete Multi-vit, 1 tab
    Nature's Bounty - High Potency D3-1000iu, 1 softgel
    Nature's Bounty - Fish Oil -omega 3 - 1000mg, 1 softgels 10
    Add Food Quick Tools 10

Lunch
    Beans - Pinto, cooked, boiled, without salt, 15 g 21
    Kroger - Frozen All Natural Baby Lima Beans, 0.13 Cup 28
    Kroger - Olive Oil Cooking Spray, 1 1/4 sec spray 0
    kroger - wild caught pink salmon , 4 3/10 onces 151
    Tomatoes - Roma, 86 g(s) 18
    Add Food Quick Tools 218

cwbxdjfox6gv.jpg

Afternoon Snack
    Add Food Quick Tools

None today sometimes a smoothie

Dinner
    Heritage Farms - Chicken Breast With Rib Meat, 6.1 oz (112g) 168
    Prime Time Produce - Sweet Mini Peppers, 103 gram 30
    Per Usda - Cabbage, Green Raw, 167 g 42
    Onions - White, Raw, 103 g 41
    Spices - Black Pepper (Ground), 1 g 3
    Spices - Curry powder, 1 g(s) 3
    Add Food Quick Tools 287

w6hu3lsekbst.jpg

Evening Snack
    Winona Pure - Natural Butter Flavor Canola Oil, 1/5 second spray 0
    Generic - Great Value Whole Natural Almonds, 1/2 cup (28 almonds) 320
    Orville Redenbacher's - Original Popcorn, 7.5 tablespoons 300
    Jell-o - Black Cherry Sugar Free Jello, 1.25 g (1/4 box) 5
    Generic - Cherry, Red - Raw (Usda), 370 grams 185
    Add Food Quick Tools 810

evvkcrmnqyt7.jpg

lvemufuthpjf.jpg

8sfb7szhlyrb.jpg

Totals 1,526 calories

Thats about it :) and it was a yummie day!
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Today was a bit unusual cos I am sick but here you go:

Coffee for breakfast.

Lunch today - toasted cheese sandwich

Dinner today - chicken with stir fry vegetables and steamed rice

Snacks - one mandarin, 30g rice crackers, a bulla strawberry frozen yoghurt stick
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Today was:
    Breakfast - coffee (no sugar) and overnight oats (40g rolled oats, 80 ml milk, water, LSA mix, cinnamon and chia seeds)
    Lunch - eggwhite, fetta and green vegetable frittata
    Dinner - chicken and vegetable chilli with steamed vegies as a side
    Snacks - protein shake, 100g cottage cheese, apple, green tea, green smoothie.

About 1300 calories but the day's isn't over and I've already burned 360 calories with another gym session still to go. A post-dinner smoothie or protein ball may be in my future.

I eat the same meals quite a bit, partly because I cook in bulk for a few days at a time. It's usually heavy on the vegetables (slow cooked meals, soups, stir fries) with some lean protein, salads with quinoa and tuna etc. My snacks are usually protein + carb. Cottage cheese, edamame, hardboiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, berries etc.
  • kimf79
    kimf79 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so far for posting a day of your diet! This is really helpful and its leading me to think I should probably be preparing some healthy meals in advance I can eat throughout the week, at least for dinner. Breakfast and lunch seem like meals that might b easier to prep on the spot!
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm in your calorie range. You can find a huge chunk of my meals here: Counting Cal's Cuisine
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    kimf79 wrote: »
    Thank you all so far for posting a day of your diet! This is really helpful and its leading me to think I should probably be preparing some healthy meals in advance I can eat throughout the week, at least for dinner. Breakfast and lunch seem like meals that might b easier to prep on the spot!

Oh definitely! Preparing meals in advance is the only way I manage. I do 2-3 days at a time. I use mason jars to store my overnight oats and green smoothies. I rely heavily on the slow cookers for dinners and I always make lunch the night before. I portion out and weigh all my snacks. I also pre-log my food for the following day.

I'm lazy and will eat what is available, especially at work. If what's available is healthy and portion controlled, I'll happily eat that before going out of my way to find other food.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good thread OP.
    ***Bookmarking, for ideas***

Breakfast: Apple, Nectarine - 130
    Lunch: Hot Tuna Pasta (Wholewheat Pasta Twists, Homemade Pasta/Spaghetti Sauce, Kidney Beans, Tuna in Spring Water) - 475
    Mid afternoon Snack: Wholewheat Pitta Bread, Mixed Salad, 4 Roast Beef Slices, Vinagrette Dressing, Chilli Sauce - 350
    Dinner: BBQ Roast Chicken, Veg, Spicy Rice (Long Grain Rice cooked in Chicken Stock w/Smoked Paprika, Onions & Peppers) - 500ish

Around 1500 cals total (I'm on1700 at the moment, but this is without drinks and an extra snack).
  • ClutterSmart
    ClutterSmart Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All, This is my second go at MFP. After years of being successful on WW but a particularly hard winter that's caused me to gain much of my weight back I'm in need of a change and trying out MFP again.

This post has already been incredibly helpful for ideas on new (and yummy) meals that fit within my calories for the day!!
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: porridge, blueberries and milk, small glass of orange juice - 250 cals
    Lunch - baked potato, grated cheese and salad, pot of low fat yogurt - 404 cals
    Dinner - Steamed salmon, baby new potatoes, carrots and 2tbsp low fat creme fraiche/pesto sauce - 391 cals
    Snacks and drinks - satsuma (20), grapes (70), 2 cups of tea with semi-skim milk (60)

1200 cals budgeted for the day, total was 1195. Pretty spot on!
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1400 - 1490 calories a day. I tend to stick right within that range almost every day.

Breakfast (eaten at 1 or 2 PM for me since I don't eat early in the day): Overnight oatmeal - oatmeal, unsweetened almond milk, maple syrup, chocolate chips, and PB2 (between 450 and 500 calories)
    Lunch: Weight Watchers Smart Ones (around 270 calories)
    Snack: Chobani Flip Yogurt (if I need it - I usually don't) - 180 - 200 calories
    Dinner: Current favorite is 112 grams of cooked ground turkey (I cook it with taco seasoning), 150 grams of grape tomatoes, salsa verde, FF sour cream, and tortillas (1 or 2 depending on my calories left over) - somewhere around 250 - 500 calories
    Evening snack: Skinny Cow or WW ice cream bar - 120 - 150 calories

I tend to earn about 100 calories from walking on a regular day (with a foot injury, I haven't been doing that consistently the last week, though). I also do mostly processed foods for lunch because I'm terrible at prep the night before. It hasn't been an issue for me weight-wise.
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I eat between 1300-1500 a day

breakfast - coffee w/half and half & fage 0% greek yogurt w/honey (total of 210 calories); If it's the weekend, then bacon & 2 eggs or cereal which all ends up being about the same amount of calories 210-300

lunch - salad with spinach, feta, turkey, carrots, and full fat ranch dressing (270 calories) or an egg & zucchini frittata (200 cals)

dinner - all kinds of random stuff. Lentil soup, spaghetti, turkey burgers, etc. The past few days has been pulled pork tenderloin with sweet baby ray's BBQ sauce and roasted Brussels sprouts (potato tonight since I killed off the sprouts last night) - about 350-500 calories depending on potato v. sprouts; Dinner servings in general for me are between 350-650 cals depending on what I made.

snack - cheese!, fruits, protein shakes, pb & apples, popcorn

I jog/walk 3 days a week and do light weight training those days. I go on moderate walks on my lunch break every day. So, days with that little bit of exercise, I may add on a snack or get a bigger dinner portion.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Every day is different b/c I hate eating the same thing all the time, although when I started this journey I ate salmon and edamame every night for dinner for months :)
    Today will be breakfast smoothie: 1/2 cup silk, 1 banana, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
    lunch will be out with a friend but I usually bring a salad or leftovers
    dinner is usually a salad with lots of beans, corn, black olives, salsa, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. Sometimes I have meat (lean pork, chicken, etc)
    snacks I usually have nuts, or peanut butter with apple, or chocolate squares with caramel :)
    I run or work out just about every day so working all this into my numbers fits.
  • jendiaz9732
    jendiaz9732 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Oatmeal and banana or blueberries; nutrigrain bar, water.
    Lunch: Tuna with avocado, no sodium wheat crackers; apple; spinach side salad, w tom and vinegar dressing.
    Dinner: Wheat noodles, veggie pasta, ground turkey, mushrooms; cut carrots;
    Snacks: Protein shake; tbsp organic low sodium/fat peanut butter; smart pop corn.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My dairy is open, I also post recipes. You can add me if you would like.
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Meal 1: (pre workout) Half a bagel and cream cheese
    Meal 2: (post workout) Optimum Nutrition (2 scoops), Carb powder (50g), BCAA's (1 scoop) and 4 whole jumbo eggs.
    Meal 3: (mid-moring) IsoPure (ready to drink) a greek yogurt (chobani - rolled oats)
    Meal 4: (lunch) 6-8oz of fish or chicken breast, 2 cups of green veggies, 1 cup rice
    Meal 5: (Dinner) 6-8oz of red meat, 2 cups veggies, cottage cheese
    Meal 6: (before bed) Casein protein shake.