c25k?

Options
bmw4deb
bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
can anyone tell me the amount of calories you burn doing the c25k?
I know everyone is different but can i have some averages?
thanks

Replies

• sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I am on week one, around 150lb, 5'7". 5min warm up & cool down plus 20 minutes of the interval training (30 min total) = 180 cal burned according to my Runkeeper app.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    every session varies based on which one it is - I'm usually on around 300, but that's from logging as jog and walk on mfp, I dont have a heart rate monitor.

EDIT: I always do 10mins extra walk at the end included in that
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I think this is really too personal to each individual body and to each individual run/walk to use an average (if that's what you are looking for).

When I started week 1's workouts, I was burning about 200 cals per run/walk and now on week 6 I'm burning more like 300 cals per run/walk. But you have to take into account your body weight too...the more you weigh, the more you will burn per run/walk. The best way to determine your calories burned is with a chest strap heart rate moniter.
  • chach918
    chach918 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    A 150 lb person running at 6 mph will burn 350 calories for 30 minutes. Hope that helps.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I use the exercise database and add up the calories burned at each speed on the treadmill. So this week is 267 with 16 min at 5.0 for the run, 5 min at 4.0 for the walk and the 10 min warm up cooldown at 3.5

I hope that break down helps and that you are on the treadmill to use it :wink:
  • bmw4deb
    Options
    Thanks everyone:smile: I just bought a wrist hrm having a hard time
    getting it set right ughhh. so if i start tonight i should be safe counting
    around 150 calories hopefully i will have the hrm working soon!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    age, weight, fitness, etc. all plays a MAJOR role on how many calories are burned... a 200lb man is going to burn WAY MORE than 150lb woman ... you can't even get an idea based off what others are burning.. you really need an HRM or go by what MFP estimates.

ETA: I just saw you got yourself an HRM, thats EXCELLENT!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, 158lbs & for 30 minute interval jogs i avg about 350-385. However, i have an unusually high HR while exercising, so everyone is very different that way. It really depends on the person.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I am female, 5 feet 5 inches, I was 165ish lbs when I did C25K, had a resting heart rate of around 60 bpm back then.

My HRM (Polar FT40) gave me calorie estimates of around 230 - 270 when I was doing Week 4 / Week 5 (that's where I started at).

I subtracted my baseline calories to give me approx. 210 - 250 kcals or so per Week 4/5 workout.

I'm afraid I don't have any info for you on Week 6/7/8. I gave up following the plan because I went out one day and ran 5K without realising.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options

Hopefully it has a chest strap?
  • ksthompson74
    Options
    I do mine on the treadmill, it depends on what week you are on, but I'm on Week 5 and it takes me approx. 33 minutes and I burn about 220-230 calories.

Hope this helps!!
  • bmw4deb
    Options

Hopefully it has a chest strap?

No chest strap :( it is a new balance wrist watch thinking
    i should return and buy another with chest strap
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I usually burn between 300 and 350 (I don't have a HRM). There are some who burn more. I will be getting a HRM very soon because I am tired of guessimating. It all depends if I whined up running hills or not.
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I burned 175 tonight. I am 5'4, 140, and 31 yrs. I only did the 25 min required though. I usually try to go longer.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    What is c25K? I am sorry, somewhat new here. I do have a HRM with a chest strap it is rocks! You should totally exchange it for one. I ran today at a slower pace but the same length as yesterday and burned less calories today as yesterday like by 40 calories. It is so worth have a good HRM w/a cheststrap that measures your heart rate!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I have a HRM and usually burn around 300 cal during one session...

HTH!
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i have the new balance watch and it works pretty good, annoying to have to put your fingers to it all the time, but i get some pretty accurate readings from it. I got 340 calories burned from it the other night in 88 degree weather doing week 3 day 2, so i was working pretty hard.