600 Calories left, what to eat?

Options
I end up with a lot of leftover calories and need some healthy suggestions to fill it up, but don't want to eat a lot of carbs... any suggestions?????????

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Maybe some kind of nut or avocado? They are high fat, so high in calories, but the better kind of fat :)
  • ajjd
    ajjd Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Protein shake with skim milk, or nuts
  • drasr
    drasr Posts: 181
    Options
    What Sarah said. Nuts are dense sources of energy. You eat a little and get good amount of energy.
  • claudiapetty
    claudiapetty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nuts and/or avocado are a great answer. You could also do a protein smoothie. Ooh...avocado and tomato bruschetta. Yummy.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Today I made a list of great, wholesome, filling snacks, and decided to share! Enjoy!

www.fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com
  • imsoserious
    Options
    maybe a fruit smoothie, it would fill you up. just use skim milk or 1% milk. Just don't blow it:explode:
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Tortilla, scramble eggs, sausage, salsa, some mexi-cheese.... one or two of those depending on the size should do it.

Couple of bowls of cereal, mike work too.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Almonds? Hard Boiled Eggs? A couple of teaspoons of PB or Nutella? ..yum...

I just re-read what I wrote. Those items separately... It sounds like I ment for you to mix that all together...LOL
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I vote for the protein shake/smoothie or an egg white omelet with veggies and potatoes, then topped with a little shredded cheese and salsa!
  • critical
    critical Posts: 7
    Options
    thank you sarah
  • critical
    Options
    thank you ally
  • critical
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I like the egg burrito idea. Love salsa and nuts... Perfect!!!!!!!! Protien shakes??? Naw....
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Almonds

Cottage cheese

I usually try and stay away from protein shakes late at night (unless I just came from the gym).

I like apples with almond butter - but a lot of people don't like to eat them late.

Eggs.