Want to gain weight

Options
shinzak
shinzak Posts: 5 Member
I'm 18 and have 42 kg ..I need help !
The thing is I can't eat much even if I try to ..so I can't gain ! I need a good body :(

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Drink your calories.

Eat foods dense in calories;
    • Nuts and nut butters / trail mix
    • Fatty cuts of meat / steak, mince and pork
    • Oils
    • Avocados
  • shinzak
    Options
    Drink your calories.

• Oils
    • Avocados

I can eat lots of cheese butter , chicken but not pork :neutral:
  • jendiaz9732
    jendiaz9732 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, chicken, boiled eggs, supplemental vitamins helped me A LOT!
  • shinzak
    Options
    Drink your calories.

• Oils
    • Avocados

Well I can take supplements but I have heard they dont affect that much !! Soo I wanna stick to natural calorie intake. btw how about fried eggs ???
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    shinzak wrote: »
    Drink your calories.

• Oils
    • Avocados

Well I can take supplements but I have heard they dont affect that much !! Soo I wanna stick to natural calorie intake. btw how about fried eggs ???

You can take supplements if you wish but I think most of them are pointless for weight gain when you can get your calories from food.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - why can't you eat certain things?
  • shinzak
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Lol even I eat a lot nothing happens so will start exercises for gaining weight
  • shinzak
    Options
    Drink your calories.

• Oils
    • Avocados

You can take supplements if you wish but I think most of them are pointless for weight gain when you can get your calories from food.

I have heard the same ^^
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Just eat calorie dense foods. Pizza is a good one. Gaining weight is about surplus of calories and pizza per slice has a lot. So do Poptarts. :D

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ndj1979
    Options

Lol even I eat a lot nothing happens so will start exercises for gaining weight

ok but that does not explain why you think that you can not eat certain foods…

do you have a food allergy, medical condition, etc?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

OP, do you have allergies or a medical condition (Celiac's, IBS, etc) that mean you can't eat certain foods because they'll make you sick/kill you, or because they are "bad" foods?

Unless you have a medical condition/allergy, there aren't any "bad" foods. Start with foods like pasta, rice, ice cream, breads, nuts, full fat dairy, etc..
  • secretsydney
    secretsydney Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie surplus.

If you eat more calories than you use you gain weight, it's not rocket science
  • DeyanPetrov
    DeyanPetrov Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Well I can take supplements but I have heard they dont affect that much !! Soo I wanna stick to natural calorie intake. btw how about fried eggs ???[/quote]

You can take supplements if you wish but I think most of them are pointless for weight gain when you can get your calories from food.[/quote]

I have heard the same ^^[/quote]

Not entirely true. Calories/Fats/Carbs/Protein are quite different things. If you eat poor foods with loads of calories you would gain only fats if you dont exercise. If you do exercise you wont gain much muscle as you don't supply your body with Protein which muscles are kinda made of thats why its important to intake enough Protein. Decent eating habits and protein shakes gained me about 10 kg over 2-3 months. So I can say they work. One advice I could throw out there is do some research about the body and how interacts with different things such as sleep/food ( calories protein etc)/ Vitamins and why does it need it.
  • IsaackGMOON
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Not entirely true. Calories/Fats/Carbs/Protein are quite different things. If you eat poor foods with loads of calories you would gain only fats if you dont exercise. If you do exercise you wont gain much muscle as you don't supply your body with Protein which muscles are kinda made of thats why its important to intake enough Protein. Decent eating habits and protein shakes gained me about 10 kg over 2-3 months. So I can say they work. One advice I could throw out there is do some research about the body and how interacts with different things such as sleep/food ( calories protein etc)/ Vitamins and why does it need it.

Right.

What is a poor food? You're going to gain fat on a bulk, that's inevitable - if you didn't know that, go read the stickies.

Protein shakes are just a convenient way to get in protein if you have a hard time getting your protein in, I don't think they're necessary at all.
  • ndj1979
    Options

You can take supplements if you wish but I think most of them are pointless for weight gain when you can get your calories from food.[/quote]

I have heard the same ^^[/quote]

Not entirely true. Calories/Fats/Carbs/Protein are quite different things. If you eat poor foods with loads of calories you would gain only fats if you dont exercise. If you do exercise you wont gain much muscle as you don't supply your body with Protein which muscles are kinda made of thats why its important to intake enough Protein. Decent eating habits and protein shakes gained me about 10 kg over 2-3 months. So I can say they work. One advice I could throw out there is do some research about the body and how interacts with different things such as sleep/food ( calories protein etc)/ Vitamins and why does it need it. [/quote]

wut the hell???

so if I have a progressive overload system, eat in a surplus, but eat "poor foods" I wont gain as much muscle...say wut????

Also, carbs are more important when bulking than protein.

muscles are "kinda" made of protein?

please get off of her and go back to bro-science University...wow
  • DeyanPetrov
    DeyanPetrov Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You cant tell me you can be healthy and gain as much and as fast with eating junk just to get calories and not enough protein wouldn't get you much muscle gains as muscle would "eat it self". Not here to argue tho so have a nice day.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    You cant tell me you can be healthy and gain as much and as fast with eating junk just to get calories and not enough protein wouldn't get you much muscle gains as muscle would "eat it self". Not here to argue tho so have a nice day.

wut
  • ndj1979
    Options

wut..???

i am not here to argue either…we like to keep this forum 'broscience free' so you can take the clean eating garbage to the main forums…

and yes, I did tell you that you can bulk on ice cream, and pop tarts as long as you hit your micro/macro goals you will be healthy and gain just as much mass.

ocassional ice cream and pop tarts does not negate physics.
  • bilal_raheel
    bilal_raheel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eat peanut butter in the morning, help you slow metabolism down :)
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Eat peanut butter in the morning, help you slow metabolism down :)

no...