Little bit o'sabotage???

Replies

• Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Now I wish I had some english muffins to make my own version of a mcmuffin lol. they aren't bad in moderation and MFP has nothing to do with it. I was searching for polar heart rate monitor watches and phone wallets last week and got bombarded by them on here and facebook. its what you search for on your computer.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I've never had an Egg McMuffin but now I really want to try one to see what the hype is about

I prefer their breakfast burrito myself...scrambled eggs, peppers, sausage, cheese are wrapped up and warm....

Burrito over the muffin any day.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    When I could still eat them, McMuffins were something I actually loved from McDonalds. Not a bad breakfast choice.

This has inspired me. I think I saw gluten free English muffins at Trader Joe's and now I have to try them just to make a brekkie sandwich.

These are great for breakfast. I make mine with Swiss cheese and sometimes shredded spinach. :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,388 MFP Moderator
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I've never had an Egg McMuffin but now I really want to try one to see what the hype is about

I prefer their breakfast burrito myself...scrambled eggs, peppers, sausage, cheese are wrapped up and warm....

I much prefer the 3rd option... burrito with a side of mcmuffin!
  • seabee78
    seabee78 Posts: 126 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »

I had one once because a friend kept raving about them.

It was disgusting. Really nauseating.

How is an Egg McMuffin any different than if you had breakfast at home: 1 English muffin, 1 sl. ham/back bacon, 1 egg, 1 slice cheese (product). That's even smaller than what I'd eat at home because I'd cook 2 eggs.
  • morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    I have to admit, when desperate, I do get their new egg white McMuffin. I just put it in my log and work around it. It doesn't happen often but when I am on the road I think it is one of the healthiest options I can find.
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    When I could still eat them, McMuffins were something I actually loved from McDonalds. Not a bad breakfast choice.

I've never liked the McMuffins but man, I could live on McBiscuits. McGriddles are a travesty.

Oh, jeez. I love McGriddles. They are truly disgusting but they're the only fast food that I'd sell my soul for.

My ads lately have been for Oreos (from a discussion here), Crocs from searching the web for a new pair for my kid, and a local ER, because I'm clumsy and hurt myself a lot by tripping over my own feet.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Ad's come from your browsing history. Someone was checking out the McMuffin :smiley:
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Rerun201 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why, on a site where I track calories in my efforts to lose weight, I am, right at this very moment, staring at a McDonald's breakfast banner across the top of this page? An Egg McMuffin and small coffee. Really. Something loaded with enough fat, cholesterol and sodium to last a normal person for the whole day. And I'm quite certain it's not a cookie in the browser of my computer. I never surf to McDonald's.

Well, I will not succumb to temptation! Up yours, McDonald's. I shall drive past you on my way into work. I shall not stop. I shall not travel your drive-through. I shall bite my thumb at thee...okay, maybe just for coffee, but that's it.

Nice Romeo and Juliet reference, but there's nothing wrong with grabbing breakfast at McDonald's as long as you're fitting it into your calorie goals. It also rounds out the macros quite nicely. I'll generally stop there 1 - 2 days per week on the weekend if I'm up, and about in the morning.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    I quite like an Egg McMuffin every now and then. Generally I avoid them though, because I'll find myself ordering a hash brown too.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Those ads don't bother me but then I've yet to see a food ad on MFP. Most of my ads for for clothing and shoe stores. LOL I guess that's what I'm always searching for.

That said, you CAN lose weight & still eat McDonalds.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Do you bite your thumb, sir?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Hash Browns. /thread
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    mcgriddles for the win.
    greasy goodness
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,540 Member

So you guys prefer scrambled liquid egg product spiked with sausage and traces of green pepper and "cheese" lost in an excessively large flat bread to a nicely poached freshly cracked large egg served with Canadian bacon and a slice of "cheese", served on a perfectly sized and beautifully toasted English muffin?

Oh, the humanity!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Were you reading the recent thread on McDonald's? That might explain the browser history.

Ages ago there was a thread here by a woman who was eating tons of Cheerios. I commented on it a couple of times and for the next six months I got ads for Cheerios in Spanish everywhere I went. :)
  • SteveMoto
    SteveMoto Posts: 41 Member
    I use the free Ad Blocker Plus plugin in all my browsers so never see ads on any sites. Or you can pay $50/yr to go premium and not see ads.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    I prefer the simple sausage biscuit. I pick one or 2 up a cpl times a year. Their biscuits are pretty fantastic!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    Rerun201 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why, on a site where I track calories in my efforts to lose weight, I am, right at this very moment, staring at a McDonald's breakfast banner across the top of this page? ...

On http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/profile_privacy check Opt out of interest based advertising provided by MyFitnessPal and you will no longer get adds based on your browsing history.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    SteveMoto wrote: »
    I use the free Ad Blocker Plus plugin in all my browsers so never see ads on any sites. Or you can pay $50/yr to go premium and not see ads.

^^^this. what ads???