ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    jkwolly wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Eat less

Exercise More.
    Rocket science is so hard!

Eating less and exercising more is an obvious tip. I was more leaning towards learning tips and tricks that people have learned worked for them.

I think most of the people who have had long term success would tell you there is no tips/tricks. It's all about logging honestly and accurately (using a digital scale).

Yup. Find what works for you.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the 420 and limit alcohol intake. :#

Mom? ;)

Good advice though.

• arianabredeson
    arianabredeson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Eat less

Exercise More.

Eating less and exercising more is an obvious tip. I was more leaning towards learning tips and tricks that people have learned worked for them.

I think most of the people who have had long term success would tell you there is no tips/tricks. It's all about logging honestly and accurately (using a digital scale).

Well I totally understand that. I was more referring to how some people do certain things that work really well for them. I had a friend who whenever she knew she was getti g hungry because she was bored she would suck on flavored ice cubes. I was more looking for little tips/tricks like that.
  • arianabredeson
    arianabredeson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the 420 and limit alcohol intake. :#

Mom? ;)

Good advice though.

Already cut both of those out :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Eat less

Exercise More.

Eating less and exercising more is NOT an obvious tip for everybody. Just read through the forums for one day.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Eat less

Exercise More.

Well I totally understand that. I was more referring to how some people do certain things that work really well for them. I had a friend who whenever she knew she was getti g hungry because she was bored she would suck on flavored ice cubes. I was more looking for little tips/tricks like that.

If you're hungry have a big glass of water. If you are still hungry in 20 minutes later eat a small snack that is at or less than 100 calories. If you are still hungry 30 minutes after that stop snacking and eat an actual meal that is high in protein. Begin listening to your body to determine whether you are REALLY hungry or whether you are 1) thirsty/dehydrated instead 2) bored 3) wanting to eat for another emotional reason (stress, habit). Develop strategies to distract yourself and engage your brain in doing something else than think about food whenever you experience #2.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale, weigh and log everything.

Do cardio if you want, and if you do, only eat back 50% of your calories (if you are losing faster than expected after logging for a few weeks, then up the % you eat back). Lift weights and hit your protein goal to help maintain muscle mass while losing.

Cheat meals that take you over maintenance will sabotage your efforts. Log the cheat meals too (falls under the 'log everything' rule).

Eat anything you want in moderation, keeping in mind that your diet will be easier to stick with if you chose foods that make it easier to stay under your calories without feeling hungry.

Also it would be a good idea to read some of the best forum posts such as:
    Calorie Counting 101
    Logging Accuracy, Consistency, & You're Probably Eating More Than You Think
    A Guide To Get You Started on Your Path To Sexy Pants
  • hollywebater18
    hollywebater18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anyone care to share their diet and weight loss tips and strategies? Anything they have done and that worked and even things they have done and didn't work. Everything will be much appreciated. :)
    I started eating half of what I usually would and it works!!
  • gowlanj
    gowlanj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My strategies are - track everything you eat - stay close to your calories allowance - and don't eat in between meals, especially after your last meal at night. I have 4 meals a day - 1500 calories - and Ive now lost nearly 2.5 stone in 12 weeks. Very happy with that and I think the not eating in the evening is making a real difference. Good luck everyone