I broke up with my significant other today

Options
And he's a member on here, although I don't think he's logged in lately. Anyway -- one of the reasons I did it is that he has the worst eating habits and it wasn't helping me in my quest to lose weight and get in shape. There were many other reasons as well -- so I'm not so shallow to just not like him because of that. But it was starting to get annoying because I couldn't turn to him for support. I will give him credit for riding his bike to work everyday, but then he'd eat like 4 cheeseburgers, or stop at the gas station and down a pint of hagen daas alone the way.

So, today I start a new segment in my life --- on the path to the healthier me!! :smile:

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    good luck in your new start
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    So sorry to hear that a relationship ended -- no matter how good it is for you, I'm sure it still hurts. You have a wonderful attitude, though. Keep it up!
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that.....but you made the right call. Unsupportive significant others lead to many more problems down the line. It's hard but I'm sure you will fee better in time!
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well good for you for being strong and knowing what is right for you! Here on the site we are all very supportive! And I don't think anyone here is eating 4 cheeseburgers during their workouts!! Good luck on your journey to a better you!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Wow. Isn't it going to be weird for him if he does log in here and sees this?
  • keiwilson
    keiwilson Posts: 4
    Options
    Good for u!!! It sure isnt easy to see ur bf doing the complete opposite of wat ur trying to do. Stay strong :)
  • MamaNae
    MamaNae Posts: 23
    Options
    Sorry for the end of the relationship!! But you sound like you have a fantastic attitude about it. Onward and upward (or downward as the case may be...)
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss.

[...What? Someone had to say it first.]

Asininity aside, it's all about knowing what will better yourself as a whole. Should that mean cutting ties from friends, family, significant others, etc., in order to do it, then so be it. Much success to you on your journey.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Seriously?
  • radio_flyer
    radio_flyer Posts: 85
    Options
    before I de-friended him on here, I checked and he hadn't logged on in over 16 days .... and he's not a forum kinda guy. He doesn't even have internet at his house -- so he would have to log in at the library or his job and then keep it short and sweet.
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Good luck...you CAN do this!
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Congrats on loosing 200+ pounds (not sure what he really weighed, but should be close enough).

Good luck on the next phase of your life!
  • radio_flyer
    radio_flyer Posts: 85
    Options
    Congrats on loosing 200+ pounds (not sure what he really weighed, but should be close enough).

Good luck on the next phase of your life!

That gave me a big laugh.... thanks for putting a smile on my face. (but it was really closer to 275)