Little bit o'sabotage???

Replies

• Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited July 2015
    "Ck103084 wrote: »
    [ridiculous fear-mongering image omitted]

:D Oh good, I needed a solid laugh this slow Tuesday afternoon. I’ll stick to my “crap” food, thanksverymuch.

ETA: Something good did come out of this thread: the hashbrown in the sandwich sounds like a solid idea.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Ck103084 wrote: »
    tyk9l5e2q0xw.jpg

What I find most amusing about this, is the heavy metals part, like you aren't supposed to eat foods high in iron, magnesium, potassium, etc.. its like, do we even periodic table.
  • wochlikgm
    wochlikgm Posts: 131 Member
    Those adverts pay for us to use this site for free. I also get local (South African) pizza adverts on my site. Unfortunately that's how the world works today. Just laugh at the irony of advertising junk food on a weight-loss website.
    If you can't afford it (calorie wise) then don't buy it. They can advertise as much as they want, but you are stronger than that.
  • lorepres
    lorepres Posts: 27 Member
    I ate an egg white delight from McDonald's this morning...egg mac muffin with egg white and low fat cheese.....while there noticed that they now have oatmeal...i like that I have healthy options when I'm on the go..i
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Heavy-Metal-Magazine.png
  • kailyw05
    kailyw05 Posts: 80 Member
    Love egg mcmuffins! If I'm in a pinch and trying to keep calories down I've been known to order it with no butter and no cheese. I eat ham and a fried egg on an english muffin at home often. This is no different IMO. My sister avoids gluten and has ordered one with no english muffin. She got a weird look, but it's still just egg and ham.

If you want mcdonalds, eat mcdonalds.
  • Cindeeee
    Cindeeee Posts: 25 Member
    tyk9l5e2q0xw.jpg

Seeing this made my stomach growl. It looks delicious. I haven't had a McMuffin in years. Now that I know they're only 300 calories I'm getting one first thing tomorrow!

I especially like the part of bacon that "may contain heavy metals". \m/ (>_<) \m/

Great thread, OP!
  • Cindeeee
    Cindeeee Posts: 25 Member
    lorepres wrote: »
    I ate an egg white delight from McDonald's this morning...egg mac muffin with egg white and low fat cheese.....while there noticed that they now have oatmeal...i like that I have healthy options when I'm on the go..i

I forgot about McDonald's oatmeal. It's awesome! Get some.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    panda4153 wrote: »
    North44 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I quite like an Egg McMuffin every now and then. Generally I avoid them though, because I'll find myself ordering a hash brown too.

Yes exactly this. I like McMuffins and think they are a good breakfast choice. But the hash browns... They are my kryptonite lol

OMG try putting the hashbrown on the Egg McMuffin Its heaven - still only 450 calories for the whole thing :)

Now ^^THAT'S^^ sabotage...! ;)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    psulemon wrote: »
    tyk9l5e2q0xw.jpg

What I find most amusing about this, is the heavy metals part, like you aren't supposed to eat foods high in iron, magnesium, potassium, etc.. its like, do we even periodic table.

My favorite thing is the shocking information that we now preserve food using salt. If only we would start eating more like our ancestors did....
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    tyk9l5e2q0xw.jpg

But Dunkin Donuts is alright??

• YDNC
    YDNC Posts: 16 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I'm sorry but

300 Calories
    17g Protein
    13g Fat
    31g Carbs
    750mg Sodium

is not bad for breakfast in terms of weight loss .. if you like that kind of thing

I substitute with egg whites & it is still just as good!!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    psulemon wrote: »
    tyk9l5e2q0xw.jpg

Potassium isn't heavy, nor magnesium. Usually heavy metals are short handed for toxic heavy metals, a category that actually tends to include things like arsenic, which is a metalloid. It isn't as asinine a term as when people use "chemicals" as a replacement for the term synthetic or man-made chemicals.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    tyk9l5e2q0xw.jpg

giphy.gif
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Now I want an Egg McMuffin.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    tyk9l5e2q0xw.jpg

Yup, these days if I want one, I make it from home with ingredients that don't contain all that junk from animals that were humanely raised.

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Serah87 wrote: »
    tyk9l5e2q0xw.jpg

And so is Taco Bell, apparently.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Serah87 wrote: »
    tyk9l5e2q0xw.jpg

And so is Taco Bell, apparently.

Irony right?? LOL
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    I sure do enjoy they have to mention how animals were fed a diet of genetically modified food, like GMO-ness is something you can get from eating GMO food, or something you can get eating animals that ate GMO food.