Lacking Support

Options
The people around me say they support me, but their actions tend to be the opposite. In the end, I end up feeling lost and alone. Its difficult to stay on track when everyone around me is doing what they want and not worrying about anything. I know that shouldn't affect me and my progress, but it does have a way of bringing me down.

Replies

• R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    People very close to me have not aknowledged any of my efforts at all. It would be so nice if one of them just said "wow you look great today, whatever you're doing is working!" But pretty sure it's not gonna happen. I've come to the mind set that I'm doing this for myself now anyways, and if they think I'm stupid, or they're jealous, or whatever, then that's their problem and not mine. I feel 100% better, lowered my resting heart rate from 90 to 75, and have a ton more energy than ever before. Not gonna stop just because they try to bring me down. This community has been my rock and support and I'm so grateful for MFP! You just keep doing what you're doing and don't give up, even if there is a bunch of grumpies trying to bring you down everywhere you turn. You'll thank yourself in the long long run :)
  • strangeling06
    strangeling06 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    reina1979 wrote: »
    People very close to me have not aknowledged any of my efforts at all. It would be so nice if one of them just said "wow you look great today, whatever you're doing is working!" But pretty sure it's not gonna happen. I've come to the mind set that I'm doing this for myself now anyways, and if they think I'm stupid, or they're jealous, or whatever, then that's their problem and not mine. I feel 100% better, lowered my resting heart rate from 90 to 75, and have a ton more energy than ever before. Not gonna stop just because they try to bring me down. This community has been my rock and support and I'm so grateful for MFP! You just keep doing what you're doing and don't give up, even if there is a bunch of grumpies trying to bring you down everywhere you turn. You'll thank yourself in the long long run :)

Thank you! I appreciate the encouragement and hope to build a support system through MFP myself. :smile:
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Change your mindset so upi adjust to you being your own support team. Other people are a distraction. get friends here who are in he same boat if you feel that would help.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Change your mindset so upi adjust to you being your own support team. Other people are a distraction. get friends here who are in he same boat if you feel that would help.

I've had to do this.
  • paulanthony9596
    paulanthony9596 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    reina1979 wrote: »

I agree, just keep doing what you are doing and the results will speak for themselves! And remember, successful people never worry about what others are doing or saying! You got this! :)