Cardio ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• ratts82
    ratts82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    RRB2000 wrote: »
    I have always preferred the treadmill and running on it. Not walking. I'm getting a little bored with that now. Any suggestions of other good burning, make you sweaty cardio I can try at the gym? I've been trying the elliptical, can only get about 10 minutes out of that right now. I've been doing 30 min running at about 4.5-5.2. I have no desire to up it, I just like it b/c I am sweaty and feel like I did something when I'm done. Also, I usually do my 30 min cardio and then do strength training. Should I do cardio at the end, or is beginning "better."

Hi, I agree with previous posts of the rowing machine, it burns calories and will definitely warm you up super quick. Personally, I love trx trainjng system and you can work mega hard on this too! Hope this helps!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    @RRB2000 Try to find a treadmill that has a HIT program (pre-programmed button), if not you can usually find an app on your iphone or android that can set a HIT time program. A good way to start is 3min warm up, 5min HIT(30 seconds sprint then 30 seconds walk), 3min Recover(walk), 5min HIT, 3min Recover, 5min Hit, 3min Recover and 3min HIT at end. Cool down for 3mins. HIT is all out sprint so be careful on a treadmill. Set incline and speed to what you can do. Rowing machine is a lot of fun and is great for HIT. You can do the same HIT program on any bike, row machine or elliptical.
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    +1 for gym classes. I'm addicted to them, esp spin
  • yummymummy_19
    yummymummy_19 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What about trying some HIIT ( high intensity interval training) I've been getting bored of running so I'm finding If I can do more in less time it's a bonus plus it's really helping me shift the weight now . :smile:
  • rahulmehta08
    rahulmehta08 Posts: 2,506 Member
    Options
    While doing trademill you can do alternate as running(3 mins) then 30 reps weighted pile squats...follow this for 5 rounds.It is equally good as one of the HIIT training.
    Not as effective as HIIT .